Carolina Crown New Ending?

I just do not like this new ending even a little bit. The old one was much better. This new one doesn't make a bit of sense with the rest of the show...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching it on the Allentown APD, I find that I don't care for this ending. I don't like that they took the ending from last year and stuck it onto this year. It's completely disjointed. They should have left it alone. I didn't get the theme last year, either, but the show was still awesome.

But I love the show up until that part. I do wish they moved more and danced less, but I'll take what they gave me because of that great sound!

The new ending isn't more effective. In fact, I would say it's less effective. It seems unrelated to what came before it and doesn't complete the concept, which isn't very strong to begin with. I hope that the design staff takes this summer as a learning experience and produce something better next year.

Edited by profhill

Knowing that the source of the “Second Chance” theme came from a conversation at last year’s finals (among the staff) when some wondered what if they had a “Second Chance” with the “Greener” show……what would they do different.

So from that standpoint………yes the ending DOES make sense and shows some “Promise”. :lookaround:

Knowing that the source of the “Second Chance” theme came from a conversation at last year’s finals (among the staff) when some wondered what if they had a “Second Chance” with the “Greener” show……what would they do different.

So from that standpoint………yes the ending DOES make sense and shows some “Promise”. :lookaround:

Uh no....still doesn't make it good.

I liked the ending - it's not hard to "get" as long as you're familiar with last year's show. (I know that's a big if in some cases.) I really appreciated that the "arrow" drill form was repeated, facing opposite directions - that was pretty cool.

I'd have still kept it within the context of the single show and given a reprise of all of the tunes within (Danzon!), but this is pretty neat as well. And was that Tinkerbell reappearing at the end? It looked like it, and that would make sense. That was a "whoa!" moment.

Mike

What would you have them do to make it better.

Since so far that has been a told of like 4 people who like the ending (me included in that). It's almost as if everyone wants them to be on their heads spinning doing Hornline runs for the last minute in a half.

What would you have them do to make it better.

Since so far that has been a told of like 4 people who like the ending (me included in that). It's almost as if everyone wants them to be on their heads spinning doing Hornline runs for the last minute in a half.

-finish by reprising more Mahler

-play through redone snippets of Khatchaturian, Danzon, and Nimrod.

Or combo platter with big loud chord at the end. I'd like that.