Carolina Crown New Ending?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a "harmonic complexity" standpoint, Crown is no different from Madison IMO....simple, easily achieved.

Who cares if a show is 'simple' in 'harmonic complexity'. If it is effective at entertaining the crowd, then give me more simpleness.

lemme guess: More B-flat Major? I mean, really, there wasn't enough already. Is the entire show in Bb? (minor for mahler, major for everything else)

From a "harmonic complexity" standpoint, Crown is no different from Madison IMO....simple, easily achieved.

Yawn.

Have any corps struck you as having shows in interesting keys this year? And if so, who and what key? Genuinely interested... I love your insights.

From a pure fan perspective, I totally dig this show. It's fun to watch and entertaining to listen to - that pretty well covers it all, I think.

I just watched the ATL multi-cam last night, and I have to say I'm completely lost in the story involved here, if there is one. If there's not, then what are the two "featured" guard members doing?

Otherwise, I just roll with it, and it's a program that will long be on my "watch again" list.

(But, c'mon - more Danzon #2 at the end! Or how about a reprise of the Nimrod reprise from '96 - how about *that* for a second chance?)

Mike

lemme guess: More B-flat Major? I mean, really, there wasn't enough already. Is the entire show in Bb? (minor for mahler, major for everything else)

Yawn.

I don't listen to drum corps to exercise my music theory skills. :smile:

Yawn.

More simple for me please !!

Have any corps struck you as having shows in interesting keys this year? And if so, who and what key? Genuinely interested... I love your insights.

Blue Devils....blowing everyone away with their harmonic complexity (some call it noise...I love it)

Then Bloo. Their show ought to be titled "Metropolis in g minor 9" plenty of close harmony, and jazzy extensions (mostly 9, #11 and 13). Asphalt Cocktail is an entirely different harmonic language unto itself, and very fresh. Its not just parallel minor seconds...it's everything going on underneath those "melodies"

Then Cavies.

Hmmm...the order looks familiar. But what do I know? I'm just a fan like the rest of you.

ye of little faith... just wait until semis. :smile:

I actually have plenty of faith in the corps, and in yourself. Can't wait to see the Semi's ending live!

My only issue with the current ending is the lead into the Promise of Living reprise ... it just seems a bit weird ... and then the fact that the reprise seems about 10 bpm faster than the original. Just seems rushed. Hopefully they can fix the timing so they can slow that reprise back down to the original tempo from last year.