Fairfax, VA

Thanks, Drass. :lookaround: I don't think this guy gets the day-to-day job that the D&B does. So much more to the unit than that field show. I would say we only performed it a few dozen times over a year. With nearly 400 gigs each year... What did we do for the other 364 gigs each year?

Duane LeBlanc

Phantom Regiment '90 - '92

USMC D&B '95 - '98

Band Director '02 - Present

Some of us got FAT!!! :ph34r:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly would consider the Marine Drum and Bugle Corps to be a "real drum corps."

And I'm pretty sure they still play 2-valve G bugles, which makes them more of a real drum & bugle corps than any DCI "World Class" corps.

Jim Drass

SSgt USMC (ret)

BTW- I wonder how my old DCI team would fare against your '91 Bluecoats.

I'm sure the Cambria Cadets would kick thier butt.... :hehe:

DO NOT try to underestimate the Cambria Cadets. It is not possible to do. :thumbup:

The highlight of my years with them was when we beat the Mellodears.

Those of us who marched in small corps know how memorable they were. You had

to LOVE drum corps to march with them. Goodness knows, we didn't march with them

to win :sad::tongue:

While the unit itself is non-deployable, many of the members of the Marine D&B have been deployed, including my old roommate who was in the first Gulf War.

Well said David. As I recall, my first Drum Major there had 2 purple hearts. I'm pretty sure he didn't get them out of a crackerjack box. He was, and still is, an awesome Marine. Not sure how the all-knowing and all-seeing Mr. Porter missed him. Maybe he needs to double-check our service record books. Might be an eye-opener for him.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.

John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770

US diplomat & politician (1735 - 1826)

See also: Stupid is as stupid does.

DO NOT try to underestimate the Cambria Cadets. It is not possible to do. :thumbup:

The highlight of my years with them was when we beat the Mellodears.

Those of us who marched in small corps know how memorable they were. You had

to LOVE drum corps to march with them. Goodness knows, we didn't march with them

to win :hehe::sad:

I marched against them in the early to mid 70's. There were a lot of VERY solid B corps in New York and Pennsylvania back then. Don't get me wrong, we didn't go up against a lot of corps from Mass or NJ ... didn't need to. There were corps from every small town which were respectable.

Edited by A Cavalier TDY