Blue Devils in Fairfax

First of all, BD didn't do Godfather in 07.

Secondly, this year I agree is polarizing ... or did you miss that?

Thirdly, you need to see BD in CA to really know what we're talking about. When you do that it is obvious.

Fourthly, what people say in DCP is not an reliable gauge of anything.

And lastly, crowd appeal is a complex mix of MANY things INCLUDING show design, region, how many championships you've

won, how much money you are perceived to have, how many times you've toured to a certain region, etc., etc., etc.

you're right I meant Winged Victory. my bad.

oh and I have seen BD in Cali, tho it's been 20 years. But I will say if people raved about BD on here, their opinion would be gospel, just as we've seen with other "loved" corps over the last 8 years DCP has been in business.

but I'm sorry, I'm going to say that region and winning are a distant 2nd and 3rd to this years show when it comes to fan dissension.

signed...a guy who would pay to love BD again.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW Jeff, have you seen BD live yet this year?

tomorrow night. and if they change my mind live, i'll gladly say so.

and if they don't, i'm sure to be called a hater. Bet ya $20 on that one

And when was this activity not visually driven?

When I saw the Bridgemen color guard and the rifles in 2007 at Pasadena, they blew me away with their precision.

LOL! Those sneaky Bridgemen, putting on blue...

I guess we didn't really make that big of an impression, huh?

Edited by GuyW

Yes I was in 81 BD and we did get a great reaction... Maybe because we were not winning? Hmmmmmm...

or...gasp...people liked the show?

imagine that.

:tongue:

you're right I meant Winged Victory. my bad.

oh and I have seen BD in Cali, tho it's been 20 years. But I will say if people raved about BD on here, their opinion would be gospel, just as we've seen with other "loved" corps over the last 8 years DCP has been in business.

but I'm sorry, I'm going to say that region and winning are a distant 2nd and 3rd to this years show when it comes to fan dissension.

signed...a guy who would pay to love BD again.

Oh and one more thing - BD is not hurting for popularity.

Just my opinion based on what I know. :tongue:

Well, with that reasoning we should just completely shut down Jeff Ream Planet, er, I mean Drum Corps Planet and end this

futility.

And beside, I thought it was MY turn to speak for the crowd!

:tongue:

you love me. and my Planet :tongue:

again..it's not a regional hatred thing. it's a hatred of the show thing.

Not sure. I saw the show in southern California and the crowd ate it up. Enthusiastic standing ovation.

lol. not happening. guaranteed.

I didn't think I would like more than few shows live the last few years, and I became a believer seeing them at Allentown. Even better, I am going to Indy, so there's a chance i could see a show 3 more times and have it grow on me.

funnier yet..the more I saw cavies 02, the less I liked it

I didn't think I would like more than few shows live the last few years, and I became a believer seeing them at Allentown. Even better, I am going to Indy, so there's a chance i could see a show 3 more times and have it grow on me.

funnier yet..the more I saw cavies 02, the less I liked it

And that's the difference between people who are critical of shows in particular years, and people who just hate specific corps irrationally. As far as I've seen, for you, and most others, it doesn't matter the corps, you apply the same analytical lens to all shows, and explain what you like and don't like about them.

"Haters" go beyond saying "this show doesn't do it for me" with specific corps. They start really getting into the nasty stuff about how easy what such and such corps is doing compared to such and such corps, or how the judges reward for props or give cerain corps scores just because of their name, and blah blah blah, or any number of off the wall moronic things. They don't apply that same type of critical eye to all corps, just the ones they get off on hating, and they post their hatred in myriad forms over and over and over again, year in and year out. There are few of them, but they are prolific, and really make it unpleasant on here during the competitive season. It's part of the reason a lot of good people don't want to talk on here.