Why the top four challengers shouldn't win

I never once said I did, and if you were at Allentown you heard what I mentioned. The fans are not into the Blue Devils music, no matter how well its excuted. My statement was "I hope we hear the fans Blueeee not Booo". I have never disrespected the Blue Devils. They are a super tallented corps. But the fact remains they DO NOT connect with the vast majority of the crowd. I say again, if you were there last night, you heard what I am talking about

Well, I was there and I didn't hear what you're talking about. My perception of the response at the end of the performance for BD was that it was comparable to all the other top corps that evening from where I was sitting (Sect H, row 23). I was expecting it to be otherwise and was pleasantly surprised to see how well the show was received.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never once said I did, and if you were at Allentown you heard what I mentioned. The fans are not into the Blue Devils music, no matter how well its excuted. My statement was "I hope we hear the fans Blueeee not Booo". I have never disrespected the Blue Devils. They are a super tallented corps. But the fact remains they DO NOT connect with the vast majority of the crowd. I say again, if you were there last night, you heard what I am talking about

First off I wasn't accusing you of anything other than to highlight your "vast" and "most" juxtaposed with your comment on opinions don't speak for the fans.

I wasn't there but I heard the VOD's and Allentown was much cooler for all the corps. I couldn't tell the difference in the response for most corps or BD. It's Allentown and they are picky. Now if you're willing to take this show out to LA and maintain your same theory......you will be back-peddling big time! Venues and crowd response is a slippery slope and a house of cards.

HUMBLE opinipns regardless of what they are, don't speak for the fans. A vast majority appreciate the likes of the Cavies, Blue Coats, Crown Cadets and Vanguard. Most don't appreciate the Blue Devils show. I think its partly the music and partly the glitz of mirrors, and last year chairs. There is something inspiring about the Crowns coverage of the field, and Santa Claras wild finish. That can't be said about the Blue Devils. I just hope the fans keep ot to a Bluuuuuu at finals and we dont hear the Boooos we heard in Allentown

Oh, man. Fail.

Ok, if people are gonna complain about Crown and Cadets being cheesy.....

Really, BD? The miced glass breaking sound effect at Allentown? That's kinda lame imo.

The show is still cool, but that is not necessary whatsoever.

Let me save you the time. You generated this thread to prove two things:

1) BD haters/detractors/et al are easily trolled, very easily trolled (and you needed a thread to find this out?)

2) The BD supporters on DCP are actually a pretty level headed bunch, who find vindictive, braggamonious threads such as this to be gauche and grossly misrepresentative of the Blue Devil philosophy and organization.

Now please close!

the rest of the posts on DCP show the opposite.

Really?

I've been around for quite some time (yeah, I'm OLD lol), and I've seen the Blue Devils re-invent themselves on a macro scale at least twice, and on a micro level many times...

The Cavies have ALWAYS been the Cavies for as long as I've been around (they're just better at doing the same old thing imho).

Can you really compare the championship BD show of 86 with the 94 version? Or those to 09?

To me, they're worlds apart (and now this current show is a complete departure from ANYTHING that came before it, another macro shift and nothing like the year before or ANY other year aside from some fleeting references here and there).

You could blind fold me and I could listen to all the corps and pick out BD's music every year.....talk about the same thing over and over....I do not find them any more innovative than any other corps. What they do, they do well though.

the rest of the posts on DCP show the opposite.

It's about the thread, not DCP in general. I see most of the BD supporters as almost always defending. And we are generally the most policed of all....I speak from personal experience. Most are not comfortable tearing down other corps the way that apparently some degree of the DCP population feel comfortable in doing to the leader of the pack. It's generally a pile on. And I think if you re read this thread you will find a bunch of BDers calling this thread 'bad taste and classless". That's my point. We are self-policing and generally civil until backed in the corner!!

Edited by Plan9

It's about the thread, not DCP in general. I see most of the BD supporters as almost always defending. And we are generally the most policed of all....I speak from personal experience. Most are not comfortable tearing down other corps the way that apparently some degree of the DCP population feel comfortable in doing to the leader of the pack. It's generally a pile on. And I think if you re read this thread you will find a bunch of BDers calling this thread 'bad taste and classless". That's my point. We are self-policing and generally civil until backed in the corner!!

Civil? For the last 2 months yall have come and pile on any time any criticism at all is directed your corps show, no matter how well-thought out\reasoned it is. If someone doesnt like the show, its because its somehow so good its above them, if only they could understand the greatness of this show. So many times, yall would be better served if you just let people have their opinions without having to refute every little criticism of your corps..

With BD in the ascendancy, there's no need for BD affiliated posters to lash out at other corps. You occupy the high ground . . . why go on the attack?

Now, before BD began its current dynasty BD supporters were right in the mix of things, bashing other corps left and right. Some of the posters who defend BD alongside you now were some of the most flagrant offenders, directing insults (mainly at the Cadets) far worse than anything that's been sent BD's way this season. Not every BD supporter did this. Far from it. The point is they behaved the same as anyone else . . . some bad, some good, most somewhere in the middle.

When BD's current formula goes stale, and this string of victories comes to an end (who knows when this will happen) and another corps takes over you'll see the same thing happening again.

I want to say that in the odd case BD does not come in first place, I want you to send me a sealed jar containing all the tears you cried when you heard the news. I will cherish those very deeply.

Also, BD fans are way easier to troll at this point. Say the words "Blue Devils are not good" and over 9000 BD alumni/fans rush in to defend how superior they are. "Trolling is a art", as they say.

Why is it that "BD is not good" rolls off the tongue so easy on DCP, yet other corps (even those recently on the "do not like list") rarely have that said about them? Curiouser and curiouser!

So you are suggesting that if someone says (fill in the blank) corps sucks, 9000 (fill in the blank) alumni/fans don't do the same thing. I guess you are all more evolved! :lookaround: