Why the top four challengers shouldn't win

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never once said I did, and if you were at Allentown you heard what I mentioned. The fans are not into the Blue Devils music, no matter how well its excuted. My statement was "I hope we hear the fans Blueeee not Booo". I have never disrespected the Blue Devils. They are a super tallented corps. But the fact remains they DO NOT connect with the vast majority of the crowd. I say again, if you were there last night, you heard what I am talking about

I was there last night, VOD's are up on DCI, I also have a recording of the show on my facebook page, and the response after the show....what stadium were you at ??? Im not gonna battle facts with you versus opinion. Blue Devils received pretty much the same response as most other corps and even, shocking....got some crowd noise in the middle of their show...gasp !!!

I love your use of the "vast majority" ...now please, what are tonights winning lottery numbers.

G

Well, I was there and I didn't hear what you're talking about. My perception of the response at the end of the performance for BD was that it was comparable to all the other top corps that evening from where I was sitting (Sect H, row 23). I was expecting it to be otherwise and was pleasantly surprised to see how well the show was received.

...As was I Chris. fifteen rows behind you, as you know. Pleasantly surprised, and a little foolish that I, once again, took the word of DCP as the Gospel.

G

Edited by GMichael1230

Ok, if people are gonna complain about Crown and Cadets being cheesy.....

Really, BD? The miced glass breaking sound effect at Allentown? That's kinda lame imo.

The show is still cool, but that is not necessary whatsoever.

Yes.....no show is without its, umm.......cheese.

G

Civil? For the last 2 months yall have come and pile on any time any criticism at all is directed your corps show, no matter how well-thought out\reasoned it is. If someone doesnt like the show, its because its somehow so good its above them, if only they could understand the greatness of this show. So many times, yall would be better served if you just let people have their opinions without having to refute every little criticism of your corps..

Correction. "yall" have come on like banshees let loose in a canteen swarming to anything remotely positive regarding Blue Devils doing everything possible to make them look boring, inacessible, talentless, cheezy, overscored, doomed to fail, the reason for famine, the cause for civil unrest. Arrogant, cocky, cold, machine-like, caring only about winning. And everything else imaginable. Its like a celebration at the stake of the buring of a witch. One makes a comment, another joins in, three agree, some laugh, another comment is made, more join in, and it snowballs into a hatefest.......dont take my word for it, look at every post since they beat Cadets in Denver. Maybe even sooner.

How many threads have been dedicated to the Devils demise, their lack of complexity, easy drill, gimmicks, etc, etc.....And how many threads have been started and hijacked with who is goona knock them down, who will beat them, which caption will the fail at ???? Have they peaked ??

and these classics: "Wayne was forced to write this show" and "Scott is in charge of everything including the music". I bet most of you couldnt point to them in a line-up !!

Sad thing is, most of you "critics" who knock and put down the Blue Devils and praying for your respective corps to overtake them are forgetting one thing. You are bagging the performers who happen to enjoy what they are doing, night after night, week after week....

How many are there who joined the ABBD club, its even in their signatures....its pathetic, its not a case of expressing ones opinion, its a complete lack of respect and maturity....truthfully, I wish I didnt engage in the back and forth. I dont need to. I didnt march there, Im just a fan, Nothing said on here is gonna change the fact about BD, how we all feel, the truth, the competition, the results and everything else.

The real talk is on the field, and NOBODY can change that.

G

Edited by GMichael1230

With BD in the ascendancy, there's no need for BD affiliated posters to lash out at other corps. You occupy the high ground . . . why go on the attack?

Now, before BD began its current dynasty BD supporters were right in the mix of things, bashing other corps left and right. Some of the posters who defend BD alongside you now were some of the most flagrant offenders, directing insults (mainly at the Cadets) far worse than anything that's been sent BD's way this season. Not every BD supporter did this. Far from it. The point is they behaved the same as anyone else . . . some bad, some good, most somewhere in the middle.

When BD's current formula goes stale, and this string of victories comes to an end (who knows when this will happen) and another corps takes over you'll see the same thing happening again.

You know..I can deal with this! I would hope it isn't true of me, but there is merit to what you say here. The high ground in fact does give you leverage and by reason, what you say is certainly our human nature. I did go through 08 and I believe I didn't get stupid but there may have been a post after finals that was less than classy. I hope not! I even remember getting my first PM on DCP from an old BD vet advising me to "let it go", shake it off and re-load the pistola".

Thanks for an honest evaluation Rifuarian!

Edited by Plan9

Civil? For the last 2 months yall have come and pile on any time any criticism at all is directed your corps show, no matter how well-thought out\reasoned it is. If someone doesnt like the show, its because its somehow so good its above them, if only they could understand the greatness of this show. So many times, yall would be better served if you just let people have their opinions without having to refute every little criticism of your corps..

Agreed 100%. I don't care for BD's show at all this year, but at the same time I respect all the hard work and dedication and talent they are putting into the show. It's just hard to wish well for them this year when several of their alums borderline bash people personally on here who say anything short of "BD is absolutely incredible, no one is even close to being as great as them!".

I think we have learned from this thread that none of the corps are worthy to win this year.

One logical conclusion.

I win DCI. I believe I am worthy.

Since we've heard so much about why (in great detail) the Blue Devils "deserve" to lose, and/or why some other corps will righteously take the title away from them (remember 08! and so on), I'll just go ahead and bluntly say why I think that NONE of these groups deserves the title over BD this year.

Cadets are too CHEESY. Have been for years, save perhaps for last year (overbearing pit notwithstanding). But basically they used to be much more deep and thus deserving imho.

Bluecoats, well, now that I think of it I'll have to give them a pass. They're cool. If they win, I'm okay with it (I don't think they will).

Cavies are bland and repetitive, you could impose one years' music on another years' drill and it would be pretty much the same thing. In other words, consistently BORING imho.

Crown is a COPY-CAT with nothing new to offer, that's what happens when you hire staff from the past. In their case, staff from the past, hired from the past. So they're a shadow of a shadow. Something like Garfield, something like Star, nothing new or different imho.

So that's why I think Blue Devils (or, as it occurs to me just when I wrote this, Bluecoats lol) DESERVE the title as an original, innovative, and amazing corps.

:thumbup:

Civil? For the last 2 months yall have come and pile on any time any criticism at all is directed your corps show, no matter how well-thought out\reasoned it is.

The criticism of BD on here has seldom been "well-thought out/reasoned", and has often been less than civil. With that said, this thread has certainly run its course, and serves no further purpose.