Allentown, PA. First night

And yet another reviewer who strongly feels that the judges are way off base on how low they are scoring Spirit.

Sad for the corps members that they aren't getting the credit due to them from the so-called "experts" in the green shirts. Losing more respect for those guys in general every day.

Personnally I thought Spirit was about where they should have been. They have a nice show and their hornline and drum line are doing some nice things, but to be honest with you their visual package is very weak in comparison to the corps around them. Those large walls make the field smaller and really limits what they can do drill wise.

I personally thought Mandarin had a much more challenging drill then spirit did, but unfortunately for Mandarin the drill is just a little to challenging for them still and they are not very clean and I believe their horn sound is suffering because of that.

Well done, G, and thanks for speaking from the heart! You have great details to back up your thoughts & feelings on the corps.

I whole heartedly feel the same way as you regarding Spirit, Troopers, Colts, Academy and Blue Stars. My thoughts almost exactly - and said much better than I did.

I think we'll agree to disagree on your overall assessments of Crown, Cavies & BD, but you are spot on with several observations on each as well!

And you are right about the magic of Allentown - I flew all the way from Seattle because I couldn't bear to miss this special place and show!

Harvey

I totally disagree with your view of BD: Although clean and crisp, their visual program and difficulty is masked by Smoke and mirrors. Crowd appeal is not there...Cavaliers drill design, although not as clean visually is about 50 times more difficult....BD would most likely fall over themselves trying to march a Cavies drill..Way too much park and blow with BD....sorry, just personally do not enjoy BD this year....if the applaud o-meter is any indication of crowd appeal, not too many other fans enjoyed the show either...

I totally disagree with your view of BD: Although clean and crisp, their visual program and difficulty is masked by Smoke and mirrors. Crowd appeal is not there...Cavaliers drill design, although not as clean visually is about 50 times more difficult....BD would most likely fall over themselves trying to march a Cavies drill..Way too much park and blow with BD....sorry, just personally do not enjoy BD this year....if the applaud o-meter is any indication of crowd appeal, not too many other fans enjoyed the show either...

yup. You are right. The entire audience barfed, en masse the entire 11 minutes....fannetwork can prove just that. Im glad you can find some reason to post regarding my review. Im honored.

I do hope one day Blue Devils can be considered in the same league as Cavalers.

Have a great day !

G