Spin Cycle - Revealed!

first off, great review. gave explanation to a show i hope to see in 2 weeks.

hats off to the cavies for what seems to be a great design job. I hope it's entertaining and i also hope it's well performed.

and i really hope i dont have to see a summer of Cavie bashing and vice versa, Cavie faithful bashing the cavies bashers. opinions are like ########...don't be an ########, just have an opinion.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

if they do another rock tune... I'm gonna puke. They try to throw in the same type groove for the past 3 years now..

That has been one of the chief moteefs that has made their shows so exciting for these last few years. My opinion.

If you were to listen to the 2002 DVD, it seems as though the Cavaliers received the best crowd reaction of the night.

Judas

Well... it was in Madison. The midwesterners love their midwest corps, it's understandable.

I recall the Scouts getting an ovation just as big as some top 12 corps... does that make them as good or as effective?

Wow, I hadnt found this review until now.

Their show sounds incredibly exciting. For those that seem to constantly criticize the Cavaliers, its obviously a personal bias against them. I have never been associated with any drum corps in my life and consider myself just an avid spectator and fan and loves what young people can do on the field.

The Cavaliers is a great organization and let me tell you from a drill writers standpoint, what they did last year and even the years before it, is incredibly hard. Drill writers try really hard to match the music as best as we can, but we are often limited. The Cavaliers staff is about as superior as any staff can ever be and I know that they do a collaboration of music and drill and write them simulataneously. Its an incredibly difficult and phenomenol way of doing things. The amount of time they put into their shows is amazing.

People love music and I agree that this is first and foremost a musical event, but visual and drill are also key components in a design process. Look at the Blue Devils the past few years...strong strong musical performances, but on the field they have so much, too much going on at once that it very rarely fits the music.

When the Cavaliers do a particular move, its like you are seeing the music move. You all know what I'm talking about. Its unlike anything we've ever seen. They've completely revolutionized the event and to be honest, its astonishing how they do it.

I can understand that people don't like their musical selections, but this event is about music, visual, and effect. If it was jut about Music, Phantom and Blue Devils would probably never lose. The Cavaliers seem to be the first corps ever to find a way to excel at all three categories and that is why they have built this big empire. As long as this staff remains in tact, the Cavaliers will never lose DCI because its just simply the most phenomenol staff possible. Good or bad, you can make that call on your personal biases.

I, however, could care less about who wins and will continue just enjoying the sport and not whining or worrying about how a corps achieves a certain corps. Wouldnt be a great event if they were all trying to do the same thing.