Spin Cycle - Revealed!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The staff of the Cavies have figured out the DCI score sheets and are writing and performing shows to achieve the MAX score. Hats off to them for being able to do that. But I sure hope the music is more accessable that last years. By accessable, I mean hum able. It doesn't have to be a West Side Story for me to hum it. I hum'd Pines of Rome for days after I saw that show in 1991 and that was the first time I'd heard that.

well maybe it's time they start playing for the fans... instead of the score sheets. This drill first music second crap is boring... the amount of times I have listened to cavies on my cd's since 2000 I could prob. count on 1 hand

Maybe it's just time for some other corps to just get better, or to find the same type of groove. obviously, the corps has gotten too good for most people. Just like Star in '93. People hated that show in '93....now they can't stop talking about it.

Well, for some people who puke for a Cavies Jazz like performance....well, take your barf bags for the 3rd#.....I mean, I think it's freak'n awesome! Something the Cavies has never touched really and accomplished well, this one I just get goose bumps it's so awesome. but, of course, these are MY opinions as well as you have your opinions.....

Well, I enjoyed the review, and I look forward to seeing the Cavies this summer. However, personally, I tend to like those programs more where the drill is written around the constraints of the musical score. That's probably why I'll love PR's show, like I do every year.

But you know what? That's why it's still fun for me to attend drum corps shows. Cavies have a totally different approach than PR does. And while I enjoy the Cavaliers work, I don't think I'd necessarily want to sit through a show with the Cavaliers and 4 Cavalier knock-offs. As a fan, I want real creativity and uniqueness in approach to the idiom. Imitation might be the sincerest form of flattery, but I don't think the Cavaliers staff and fans (the drum corps fans I know they are) would like everybody to copy their approach. It's special because it is unlike what other corps have done and are doing.

Viva la difference.