Top-5 Most Legendary Shows are...

I can agree with the top 5....I loved all those shows...I'm not in agreement as much with the honorable mention list...but I am for the most part.

Edited by Liahona

That's a good point. The Cadets kicked serious A that year, and that performance (and the show design) deserve to be recognized as more than that show that beat Star.

I think the notion of a show being "ahead of the judging" says a lot about the historical specificity of judging. Saying Star '93 would deserve to win had it been performed today doesn't really prove it deserved to win in 1993.

Cadets 93 is a GREAT show. Probably the scariest drill I've ever seen. Intense from start to finish. Great drumline, great guard, great mellos and low brass.

I thought for sure that Cavaliers 2002 made the cut in the original thread for this. I'm surprised to see the show wasn't in the top five.

The most underrated performance in the history of the Drum Corps activity HAS be the 1993 DCI Champion Cadets that beat the Star of Indiana back to back... with 2 different judging panels.... in both the Semi Finals, AND the Finals in 1993( and deservedly so, in this poster's opinion. )

I tend to agree with this opinion....I'm not jumping up and down over Star either...I liked 91 Star and thought it was 1000x better EVEN though the last closing sets were a TAD dirty. The pure excitement of it...made up for the dirt...same idea of dirt with PR 2008 for that matter IMO. The excitement ruled the day for me and the dirtier visual did not matter!

This top 5 list is a joke. I assume that the people who put this list together are all under 30 years old. Any list that doesn't include the 1976 Blue Devils isn't credible. This was the single most influential drum corps show in the history of the activity. It changed the activity for the better for many years.

1993 Star changed the activity too...just not for the better.