Can Bluecoats Win?

Can Bluecoats win it?  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Bluecoats pull it out at finals and win?

• Yes
    • No
    • Are you on crack

My vote was for crack, because:

The way it usually goes in years like this when one corps has been crushingly dominant on the scoresheet is that the weekend before finals, and then again at quarterfinals, and then again at semifinals, the scoring gap between the second and first place corps progressively shrinks, causing a swell of hope in the hearts of the fans of the second place corps.

And then at finals, the first place corps pulls away, leaving no doubt.

It doesn't happen every time. 2008 was a notable exception. But that's how it usually goes.

For those hoping for an upset, you have to watch the captions. If one corps is winning almost all the captions in Allentown, on Thursday, and even on Friday, the fat lady's singin'. The second place corps is not going to magically flip 'em all Saturday night.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, considering Blue Devils went from a 96.8 to like a 95 in one show. It is def. possible!

yes, considering Blue Devils went from a 96.8 to like a 95 in one show. It is def. possible!

August 4 - Fairfax, VA 96.350

August 6 - Allentown, PA 95.800

Unless you are referring to another year in DCI, I think you should check your facts beforehand....

August 4 - Fairfax, VA 96.350

August 6 - Allentown, PA 95.800

Unless you are referring to another year in DCI, I think you should check your facts beforehand....

Well if this TREND continues, BD will score a 95.25 tonight, a 94.70 in QF, a 94.15 in SF and finish with a 93.60 at Finals for a solid 6th place in 2010 :lookaround:

Blue Devils are going to be tough to beat; they're performing a sophisticated program at an extremely high level. But if anyone has a shot at taking them out, I'd say it would be Canton. They're pretty d*mn good in their own right, definitely the real deal this year.

Good luck to all in Indy. Let's hope it's been a worthwhile journey for everyone.

Fred O.

If BD suddenly stops executing as well as they are...maybe

BD's vehicle is better than BLOO's IMO, so if BLOO would catch them it would most likely have to be a difference in execution. I just honestly don't see it happening.

I agree w/this completely. Add to the fact that Bluecoats have won zero Championships and the chances are significantly diminished that Bluecoats will win their first Championship due to a miracle upset.

It's possible, I guess, or at least not impossible (and not as impossible as Phantom or lower seeded corps upsetting). I guess the most honest answer, IMO, would be "yes it's technically possible Bluecoats can win at finals. However it's not probable."