Can Bluecoats Win?

Can Bluecoats win it?  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Bluecoats pull it out at finals and win?

• Yes
    • No
    • Are you on crack

You know, if Bluecoats would have seen Blue Devils more frequently

than they did this year, I would say yes, possibly! But, due to the Minneapolis

show being rained out, Bluecoats didn't even compete against BD until

July 30th in Murfreesboro (2 weeks before finals)! The only other show

head-to-head with BD on the same day was Atlanta. This Thursday in Indy

will only be the 3rd time. I'm hoping they at least close the gap on them

each day up to Saturday and scare the hell out of them! This is ONE of the

largest reasons that G7 has had issues with DCI and the current schedule.

I am firmly a believer that G7 (or now unofficially G8 now that Blue Stars

have seen the light) should have more head-to-head competitions more frequently

throughout the season, adding basically 6 shows reserved for this purpose.

They are not asking for the moon, but if DCI doesn't listen to them, they

WILL be throwing more power (and possibly money) behind their future

endeavors as a seperate entity, and inform DCI when they're available to

perform FOR DCI sanctioned competitions. I know future meetings are

happening soon with these directors to further their quest, and I am 100%

behind them. Without going into details of their latest proposals, DCI needs

to listen to these directors and their boards who support these ideas for

the future outlook as part of DCI. If they don't, next year's tour schedule is

going to look way different.

Not sure why this post started out so well and then turned into a G7 forum lecture. I agree that more head to head meetings would help ... but I also think it would reduce suspense and the slotting would be settled by mid July.

I think back to the mid 80's when the East and West coast corps didn't really see each other until Allentown. The Midwest corps beat up on each other for nearly 7 or 8 weeks before Garfield, BD, SCV, Spirit of Atlanta, Troopers, VK and Suncoast Sound got thrown into the mix. I like NOT knowing ...... it's way more funner!! (yeah I just said funner)

Coats have a great shot, and so do Cavs, Cadets and Crown. Even with BD popping a friggin 97 last night ... they weren't head to head with anyone of their caliber. Should make Thursday interesting and I do hope the 2-5 corps keep closing the gap and scare the crap out of the MONSTER BD MACHINE. I really dont' care who wins at this point .. I just want to see some action ........... meaning something that wasn't predictable with a 97% chance of being right.

Is it Thursday yet????????? :thumbup:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may not be on track to win, but it looks like they're definitely on track to receive their best placement EVER. Way to go, Bloo!

I couldn't agree with you more.

It could happen but honestly, as much as I despise BD's show this year, I'd rather they won it than Bluecoats because of all the electronic garbage Bluecoats have in their show this year. Just awful, awful, awful. (that's three awfuls.) :thumbup:

It could happen but honestly, as much as I despise BD's show this year, I'd rather they won it than Bluecoats because of all the electronic garbage Bluecoats have in their show this year. Just awful, awful, awful. (that's three awfuls.) :thumbup:

Wow, venomously hateful about both of the top 2 this year. That's unfortunate.

very true. even if they are 3rd. No matter what anyone places, it'll be a new look to the top 4 in DCI this year which I've been looking forward to for a long time. Great to see other corps up there. :)

A long time being the 2 years since the last time there was a newcomer to the top 4?

I think some people are overlooking the fact that if Bloo places 2nd...holy ####, Bloo placed 2nd. They may not be on track to win, but it looks like they're definitely on track to receive their best placement EVER. Way to go, Bloo!

No kidding, man! As a fan of Bluecoats this decade, and especially this year, what a great accomplishment for them already! If they can hang out to 2nd over some incredible shows below them, then that in itself is worth celebrating right there. I can't get too worked up over the Blue Devils winning on Saturday night - it's basically DCI's default setting - but you might just catch me doing a little jig in Section 641 if the Bluecoats stay top two!

I saw the Bluecoats for a little while yesterday near Pittsburgh. Wow, those kids are working. They have four straight rehearsal days before quarters in stadiums with great vantage points. Maybe they won't catch BD or even hold on to second. Who knows. But, I can tell you from how they were performing yesterday, they are fighting to the end and they were still adding vocab to the show. Still more to clean and I can't wait to see them after this four day stretch! Congrats to the organization, staff, members for an incredible product.

I saw the Bluecoats for a little while yesterday near Pittsburgh. Wow, those kids are working. They have four straight rehearsal days before quarters in stadiums with great vantage points. Maybe they won't catch BD or even hold on to second. Who knows. But, I can tell you from how they were performing yesterday, they are fighting to the end and they were still adding vocab to the show. Still more to clean and I can't wait to see them after this four day stretch! Congrats to the organization, staff, members for an incredible product.

I think when the dust settles, the Bluecoats will finish in 2nd place to the Blue Devils.

But if they finish in the top 3, who outside of the Bluecoats themselves predicted such a high finish as this for them this year ?

By all measures, they've exceeded expectations.

Edited by BRASSO

No kidding, man! As a fan of Bluecoats this decade, and especially this year, what a great accomplishment for them already! If they can hang out to 2nd over some incredible shows below them, then that in itself is worth celebrating right there. I can't get too worked up over the Blue Devils winning on Saturday night - it's basically DCI's default setting - but you might just catch me doing a little jig in Section 641 if the Bluecoats stay top two!

I'm completely with you on this. I totally enjoy the Bluecoats show. They're going to get huge applause from me regardless of the placement.

It'll be exciting for the audience if they can make a run at BD, but really, how awesome for the Bluecoats if they "only" finish 2nd with a 97-ish score!

It could happen. And the Detroit Lions could win the Super Bowl next year.

Sure- if every other team besides the Cleveland Browns goes bankrupt. :thumbup: