Can Bluecoats Win?

Can Bluecoats win it?  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Bluecoats pull it out at finals and win?

• Yes
    • No
    • Are you on crack

No.

Like their show or not, BD has put something unique on the field and it is sitting very well with the judges. While I enjoy other shows much more, they are more along the lines of "standard drum corps".

It will take a miracle for anyone to overcome the Devils this year.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could happen but honestly, as much as I despise BD's show this year, I'd rather they won it than Bluecoats because of all the electronic garbage Bluecoats have in their show this year. Just awful, awful, awful. (that's three awfuls.) :thumbup:

So the constant tuba-doubling of BD's synth doesn't bother you?

Did you notice that the only time you could really hear BD's tubas was when each player had a wall (er, mirror) behind them?

Could you imagine the sound of say Bluecoats or Crown if they had walls behind their tuba sections? :hehe:

Can Bluecoats win - Yes, any corps can win DCI finals if their show is well written and performed at a top level.

Will Bluecoats win - probably not, but I hope they can hold onto that 2nd spot at least.

You might as well asked can Mandarin win, and the answer would be the same.

This.

How many people in the pre-season polls predicted a 7th-9th finish? Most were predicting out of the top 6. Actually, there were even some predicting even lower than 9th.

LOL, for sure. I remember all of the preseason Madison, Blue Stars and Boston Crusaders hype....putting any number of those corps above Bluecoats in almost every poll. Now they'll be lucky if one of them comes in 7th.

Can Bluecoats win - Yes, any corps can win DCI finals if their show is well written and performed at a top level.

Will Bluecoats win - probably not, but I hope they can hold onto that 2nd spot at least.

You might as well asked can Mandarin win, and the answer would be the same.

Very well said, and coming from a Bluecoat alum. Makes me happy :thumbup:

I adore the Bluecoats show this year, and the entire organization should be enormously proud of this product, regardless of placement.

Very well said, and coming from a Bluecoat alum. Makes me happy :thumbup:

I adore the Bluecoats show this year, and the entire organization should be enormously proud of this product, regardless of placement.

oh believe me, the Alumni of the Bluecoats couldn't be any happier for the corps then they are right now. this show and facebook have really brought the alumni together this year, and we have members from the 70's - 2000's connecting and meeting more now then ever before.

LOL, for sure. I remember all of the preseason Madison, Blue Stars and Boston Crusaders hype....putting any number of those corps above Bluecoats in almost every poll. Now they'll be lucky if one of them comes in 7th.

Great point! I've listened and listened, but I don't hear electronic brass doubling in the 'Coats show this year. Their use of electronics actually adds to and interacts with the acoustic sounds of their brass and percussion. They lay it all right out there.

Can they win? Sure! Likely? Probably not, but I wouldn't rule it out. I see a race at 1-3 and a the very compelling one at 4-5, but I also won't be surprised with ANY change in the top4 spots (I don't see Crown rising beyond 4th - or BD dropping below 2nd, for that matter).

Throw in Phantom/SCV and Blue Stars/BAC/Madison, and well... What a year! I can't get enough!!!