Can Bluecoats Win?

Can Bluecoats win it?  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Bluecoats pull it out at finals and win?

• Yes
    • No
    • Are you on crack

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a kid in the BC and I would have a problem saying that they are far superior to the BD. I hope that they are .05 better on finals night though.

I saw the last hour of their run through last night, and they have added some things that have helped, I think. Of course the BD are not sitting on their hands during this time either.

msquared

I have a kid in the BC and I would have a problem saying that they are far superior to the BD. I hope that they are .05 better on finals night though.

I saw the last hour of their run through last night, and they have added some things that have helped, I think. Of course the BD are not sitting on their hands during this time either.

msquared

Wow. I guess they added a lot then! :thumbup:

Wow. I guess they added a lot then! :thumbup:

funny mingus - It took me a second to get what you were saying - good stuff

Go Blue

I bleed Canton blue but it's not happening. For whatever reason, the judges actually enjoy the BD program full of blaring horns and zero character. I believe performance wise the Devils are nearly flawless. No doubt, their weakest player in each section is stronger than the weakest in other corps. I will likely forget about BD's program August 16th. The bluecoats show, on the other hand, I walk away humming the tunes in my head because they are so recognizable and fun. Is that not what general effect really is? Lots of contrast in the top 4 this year in every caption. That's what will shake up the judges this weekend.

My prognostication says BD will win with a 98.95 and I believe it will be a near tie between Cavies and Coats on Saturday at 97.25. I have a sneaking suspicion that Cavies will edge them out for 2nd at some point this week. In the performance captions Cavies really should not touch the Coats because their horns and perc just aren't as good. But judges like to see things different! I congradulate the Bluecoats for their highest scores ever, and more to come. I hope they pull off a whopper on Saturday just to create havoc on the forums and screw up everyone's perfect world. :thumbup: Wish I could be there to see it first hand.

Wow, venomously hateful about both of the top 2 this year. That's unfortunate.

Venomously? I am just stating my honest opinion about the shows. I do think that the electronics in Bluecoats' show are awful. And for me, it's too bad because they have such an awesome corps this year. I don't get any enjoyment out of disliking something. I want to like every show. But the electronics just kill it for me. I shouldn't have to defend my opinion like this.

Venomously? I am just stating my honest opinion about the shows. I do think that the electronics in Bluecoats' show are awful. And for me, it's too bad because they have such an awesome corps this year. I don't get any enjoyment out of disliking something. I want to like every show. But the electronics just kill it for me. I shouldn't have to defend my opinion like this.

I didn't say you had to defend your opinion. You stated your opinion, I stated mine. There you go.

I bleed Canton blue but it's not happening. For whatever reason, the judges actually enjoy the BD program full of blaring horns and zero character. I believe performance wise the Devils are nearly flawless. No doubt, their weakest player in each section is stronger than the weakest in other corps. I will likely forget about BD's program August 16th. The bluecoats show, on the other hand, I walk away humming the tunes in my head because they are so recognizable and fun. Is that not what general effect really is?

Nope.