Allentown VOD's

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Cadets hornline. They might be stealing gold, at least in brass, next weekend. The run is back in! And the new ending/closer is awesome. They hold that note for the perfect amount of time to generate so much effect. I counted at least a 10 second hold :).

In regards to the guard unis: they definitely help clear the clutter throughout the show. Wish the flags contrasted too, but vis. ensemble was and should be better because of the change.

And Bluecoats! Awesome show!

Edited by yabetterbelieveit

Hmm, how many times have you watched it? Because I keep trying to enjoy it and I'm just not getting there.

Don't feel bad... you gave it sufficient time and it's just unfulfilling. I feel the same way. I ran a Fan Network fast forward today to the end of the 1st place Corps (Blue Devils ) performance at Allentown this weeked and a currently ranked 11th place Corps ( Madison Scouts ). The crowd applause response to the finish of 11th place Corps in Allentown was SOOO much better than the undefeated 1st place corps that it wasn't even funny.

What some self proclaimed" Top Acts " in DCI think of themselves is so much different than what hundreds of thousands of fans nationwide think are the " Top Acts " in Drum Corps that it makes many of us chuckle with how so out of touch a few people are in this activity when it comes to national audience appeal. That said, the ultimate goal is not to win the hearts and minds of thousands of fans nationwide. The goal is to win the hearts and minds of a 11 VIP people on Saturday, August 14th in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Edited by BRASSO

Don't feel bad... you gave it sufficient time and it's just unfulfilling. I feel the same way. I ran a Fan Network fast forward today to the end of the 1st place Corps (Blue Devils ) performance at Allentown this weeked and a currently ranked 11th place Corps ( Madison Scouts ). The crowd applause response to the finish of 11th place Corps in Allentown was SOOO much better than the undefeated 1st place corps that it wasn't even funny.

What some self proclaimed" Top Acts " in DCI think of themselves is so much different than what hundreds of thousands of fans nationwide think are the " Top Acts " in Drum Corps that it makes many of us chuckle with how so out of touch a few people are in this activity when it comes to national audience appeal.

The scouts were just phenomenal at Allentown....I think I may have annoyed a few people behind me when I leaped to me feet in the middle of the show a couple times...LOL During the announcement of scores Madison was THE ONLY corps Saturday that got extra accolades from the crowd.

What some self proclaimed" Top Acts " in DCI think of themselves is so much different than what hundreds of thousands of fans nationwide think are the " Top Acts " in Drum Corps that it makes many of us chuckle with how so out of touch a few people are in this activity when it comes to national audience appeal. That said, the ultimate goal is not to win the hearts and minds of thousands of fans nationwide. The goal is to win the hearts and minds of a 11 VIP people on Saturday, August 14th in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Plus the current marching members hearts and minds.... which I think BD succeeds at beautifully.

Holy Cadets hornline. They might be stealing gold, at least in brass, next weekend. The run is back in! And the new ending/closer is awesome. They hold that note for the perfect amount of time to generate so much effect. I counted at least a 10 second hold :).

In regards to the guard unis: they definitely help clear the clutter throughout the show. Wish the flags contrasted too, but vis. ensemble was and should be better because of the change.

And Bluecoats! Awesome show!

COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU. They are REALLY putting it out there and I hope they keep getting better at it. I saw a picture of the Cadets' guard new unis on the DCI website, and I think it clears things up a little. MUCH better choice. Makes the guard stand out much better of course. Now if the guard can clean things up, they'll be smoking. I wasn't a big fan of the end of the show at first, but I'm sold now. :lookaround:

Plus the current marching members hearts and minds.... which I think BD succeeds at beautifully.

Good point.