2010 Dayton Summer Classic

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the 2010 Dayton Summer Classic! I'm your host, Kevin Gamin, and I'll be giving you all the details of tonight's competition. This is a major seeding event for DCI's Open Class as 10 OC corps will face off tonight to determine their order of performance in Michigan City on Tuesday.

The 10 Open Class (and one DCA Class A) corps competing are:

Listed in reverse order of performance.

Velvet Knights - Pasadena, CA

Legends - Kalamazoo, MI

7th Regiment - New London, CT

Music City - Nashville, TN

Spirit of Newark/NJ - Newark, NJ

Blue Saints - Sudbury, ON

Strangnas - Stangnas

Genesis - Edinburg, TX

Spartans - Nashua, NH

Platinum - Raleigh, NC

Cincinnati Tradition - Cincinnati, OH

It is currently 85 degrees with cloudy skies, a little warm for a show, but the temperature will go down throughout the night and, if the clouds remain, there won't be any issues with sunlight and shadows, so the playing field, if you will, should be pretty fair to all. The show starts in about 10 minutes with the National Anthem, so stay tuned!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my view of the field tonight:

10%205:43:34%20PM.jpg

There are two members of the show staff currently warming up on saxophone, presumably for playing the National Anthem.

I'm curious if the Don Dean they just announced as a judge is the same Don Dean who is director of the Kingston Grenadiers?

"Due to a slight schedule change, our first corps will be on shortly."

Not sure what that change is. Platinum was listed as competing at this show by DCI's website, but I believe they're not here tonight. Might be the change they're referring to.

Play ball!

what positions are they fighting for?

This is one of two shows tonight which, based on scores, will determine the order of performance in Michigan City on Tuesday for Open Class Quarterfinals. If the format is the same as last year, scores from tonight and last night will be averaged to make that determination.

Ken Hoffman just confirmed that Platinum has dropped out of tonight's show. As a result, Cincinnati Tradition will step off at 6:31 PM.