A Boston Question

How come Boston scores so low? I mean I understand maybe a talent body may not be there in some years (take Phantom for example)(And I refer to the talent body to make top 3, cause they are good dont get me wrong), but I always adore their show designs and I was just wondering what their staff is like in your views, since most of you are more educated on Boston than I am.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come Boston scores so low? I mean I understand maybe a talent body may not be there in some years (take Phantom for example)(And I refer to the talent body to make top 3, cause they are good dont get me wrong), but I always adore their show designs and I was just wondering what their staff is like in your views, since most of you are more educated on Boston than I am.

It's a conspiracy! :lookaround::ph34r::lookaround:

Boston had new leadership take over a few years back, with this being their 3rd season at the helm. I think they have done a great job in making this corps much more competitive scoring-wise, and with (at least to me) more crowd pleasing shows. I wonder if they had performed the 2010 show (same everything, just transport it back in time) 2 years ago if they would be scoring over 93 right now? Part of that has to do with increased competition across the board. Boston is doing just fine, IMO.

GE-wise the pacing of the show bothers me. Sometimes it feels like A.D.D. drum corps; it's a cool show...but I can't keep up with it sometimes.

Performance-wise dirt is definitely visible/audible that will keep them away from Blue Stars for now.

all IMO of course. I'm no show designer.

Boston had new leadership take over a few years back, with this being their 3rd season at the helm. I think they have done a great job in making this corps much more competitive scoring-wise, and with (at least to me) more crowd pleasing shows. I wonder if they had performed the 2010 show (same everything, just transport it back in time) 2 years ago if they would be scoring over 93 right now? Part of that has to do with increased competition across the board. Boston is doing just fine, IMO.

I think it is interesting to note that the BS staff is the old Boston staff...well mostly anyways...

I don't care about their scores. They play the ever living #### out of Shostakovich at the beginning, and the rest of the show just gets cleaner and better....definitely not a slump after last year's amazing show.

I agree....I really don't want to say what my father said to me at Allentown about BAC...but all I can say is if he was not my dad I would have punched his lights out :lookaround:

Who knows what might happen these last 5 days, but score wise, the hottest Corps right now is the Boston Crusaders. Since Atlanta, they have gotten the biggest bump of the top 17 Corps in scores. Boston was less than half a tenth from scoring a 91 in Buffalo tonite.

I believe the Boston Crusaders have the youngest Corps Director in all of World Class DCI. Tom Spataro is about 29, 30 years old.

They appear to be in fine shape... now and into the future.

Edited by BRASSO

Who knows what might happen these last 5 days, but score wise, the hottest Corps right now is the Boston Crusaders. Since Atlanta, they have been gotten the biggest bump of the top 17 Corps in scores. Boston was less than half a tenth from scoring a 91 in Buffalo tonite.

I believe the Boston Crusaders have the youngest Corps Director in all of World Class DCI. Tom Spataro is about 29, 30 years old.

They appear to be in fine shape... now and into the future.

If I know anything about this corps...it is their raw determination...I would be happy to see them beat their all-time highI think of 92.4...

Boston has gotten a heck of a lot better the last couple years. Problem is, so have a lot of other corps, especially in their area. I can understand the frustration... BS 09 was better than BS 08, and BS10 Blows away BS09, but all have fairly similar scores around this date.

Both are a fine example of why you cannot compare scores year to year and just have to look at the spreads. Wish it were different, but tis true. Something to look at in the next revisions to our judging system. Maybe we need another box.

Edited by AlexL