A Boston Question

How come Boston scores so low? I mean I understand maybe a talent body may not be there in some years (take Phantom for example)(And I refer to the talent body to make top 3, cause they are good dont get me wrong), but I always adore their show designs and I was just wondering what their staff is like in your views, since most of you are more educated on Boston than I am.

IMO, the last couple of seasons BAC has maintained their level of execution and design quality. However, other corps in their tier have improved at a faster rate. I've liked Boston's shows quite a bit the last few seasons (more so than than past years they placed higher), I just think other corps have been better. The bar is continually raised higher, and I think it gets harder and harder for all corps in WC DCI to continually improve at the same rate.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, the last couple of seasons BAC has maintained their level of execution and design quality. However, other corps in their tier have improved at a faster rate. I've liked Boston's shows quite a bit the last few seasons (more so than than past years they placed higher), I just think other corps have been better. The bar is continually raised higher, and I think it gets harder and harder for all corps in WC DCI to continually improve at the same rate.

I really hate that phrase..."tier"...just had to say that...

all IMO of course. I'm no show designer.
Then again, you ARE an audience member. Are shows written for show designers?

I really hate that phrase..."tier"...just had to say that...

The Blue Knights probably have their best Corps in their history..( and most entertaining too).

Madison Scouts are knocking them dead... with 20 tubas and huge 80 man brass line

Glassmen havn't stepped back an inch, it appears.

This might be the best top 12 in a long time. ALL the Corps in the top 12 are better... not just the mid " tier "

I'd put 99 and 07 above it...but yeah, a fantastic corps they're fielding this year. And young, too, I think.

Blue Knights snare line appears to have a lot of vets back from last year, imo. I think the entire Blue Knights Corps had a good retention rate from last year, and as a result overall are a better Corps than last year.

Boston has a much more demanding show this year than last year, imo. These last 7 days , Boston seems to have found their second wind.

Edited by BRASSO

It wasn't all that long ago (1999) that Boston made the top 12 for the first time EVER...since then, they have been a Finalist every year. Their score will work itself out...those kids are hardworking and determined.

Thanks for the replys, I didn't know that they had changed directors in the past few years.

haha I do remember my band director telling stories of "back in the day" when the Troopers (he was in that) and BAC would stand next to each other in the tunnel. Of course he said Boston was "Mean in the tunnel"

It wasn't all that long ago (1999) that Boston made the top 12 for the first time EVER...since then, they have been a Finalist every year. Their score will work itself out...those kids are hardworking and determined.

Yes i agree,

Boston has a beautiful shown this year both from a sound and drill aspect. The kids execute the show with the demand level just great and are improving as planned. have a great day. Go Drum corp.

Yes, I also agree that Boston is a better and more mature corps this year performing a more demanding book. The top 12 as a whole is just very strong this year and, of course, this is great for drum corps. What I am not seeing, however, is how Blue Stars' show is better than Boston's. I get Phantom and SCV maybe edging them out, maybe.