The Kids work hard, but I still don't like it.

I completely agree. On the other hand, there isn't a single hornline from the 70's that could keep up with the worst lines in world class today in terms of tone quality, intonation, and musicality.

I wasn't there (being born in 1985) but I get that impression too. MOST hornlines play very musically and controlled considering the physical demands that are placed on them.

(P.S., I think Teal Sound is one of them :thumbup:)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

o

Well, there's no reasoning with you, Jeff :)

And please don't yell at those dinos...we love them. Didn't you see our staff waving at him when he did it? That whole scene made my night. I just wish I'd been on the field and not in the box when it happened...

how do i put this......

being a smartass to those dinos, or just rude ########s in this guy's case, kinda makes you fans like Hop bowing to the boos in 07.

not at all. it just eggs them on further.

and IMO, if they were better balanced ant not covering up other music going on, i'd tolerate them better

how does being hated win? it could lead to less money

Then we must be doing something right. Souvie sales are through the roof this year, and not just because we're on the world class tour. They can't keep some things in stock.

And let's face it...this is an emotional activity. We're going to be entertaining (in fact that was our #1 goal this season). We know we're not going to please everyone, but it's pretty obvious we're pleasing the vast majority of fans at shows. The reaction of the crowd speaks for itself.

Zing!

It's funny because it's true.

I guess to counter what you replied to, I've actually had PLENTY of conversations with DCI judges, show designers, caption heads, techs, members, a corps director or two, a few corps board members, etc. in the past couple of months since the season started. I agree with others that this drivel (DCP) is comparable to The Enquirer and other tabloid fodder. It's entertaining at times, and there are sometimes intelligent thoughts (even MANY I disagree with personally, but intelligent and professional none-the-less), and contain news. But it really is nothing more than a BS way to waste time.

Well, if you're talking to judges, show designers, caption heads, techs, Corps Directors, board members, marchers, Food coordinator, busdrivers, volunteers, vendors, day laborers, raffle tickets sellers, instrument repairmen, Corps doctor, parents, alumni, treasurer, secretary, etc... I think you've just about got it all covered.

Edited by BRASSO

This has to be the most pointless thread ever............yawn.

Shouldn't you be at work?

and IMO, if they were better balanced ant not covering up other music going on, i'd tolerate them better

Balance at the box was pretty spot-on. That's where the mix is controlled from. If you're down low, it's going to be loud and out of balance, but so are corps without electronics. It's the nature of the beast. Corps have been balancing to the box for longer than I've been doing this.

Zing!

It's funny because it's true.

I guess to counter what you replied to, I've actually had PLENTY of conversations with DCI judges, show designers, caption heads, techs, members, a corps director or two, a few corps board members, etc. in the past couple of months since the season started. I agree with others that this drivel (DCP) is comparable to The Enquirer and other tabloid fodder. It's entertaining at times, and there are sometimes intelligent thoughts (even MANY I disagree with personally, but intelligent and professional none-the-less), and contain news. But it really is nothing more than a BS way to waste time.

Ahhhhh DCP takes the place of RAMD. :thumbup:

Way to go George, way to go !