corps tattoos

The problem with tattoos is that they remain long after the feeling that getting one would be a good idea has passed.

Not the lick it and stick it tattoo!! hahahaha :thumbup:

Wes P

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 30 years old and if I wasn't such a HUGE ####Y, I'd probably have one too! I've always wanted one...but I thing that fat people like me shouldn't get inked up.

I could tell you where I have a tatoo of little Jeffery but this thread would be closed...........................

Speaking as a person who does indeed have a tattoo... I wish I could take each kid wanting to get one and get them to realize that as they get older... which will happen... so will the tattoo, their skin, their physical build and their philosophical views on things. Getting many tatt's that cover many parts of the body seems cool now, but later... not so much. If you get one, make sure it's one you will be happy with at 30, 40, 50, etc etc cuz maaaaaan, when you get one, you GET one.

I like mine, thank God. But I'm sure glad I passed on some of the one's I THOUGHT I wanted to get...

haha yeah I agree....I mean getting 1 or 2 that are actually meaningful is fine...but more than that.....it's just marching band for god's sake

I love the places Ive had the great good luck to march,Scouts and Kilties. But theres many wonderful and memorable things that have happened to me over my lifetime and I dont see the point of preserving memories by permanently drawing them on me. When I hear someone is getting one, I tell them to get a t shirt and take lots of photos. Tattoos are largely nowadays an affectation of young people who apparently dont understand when they are no longer young will probably wish they didnt have symbols permanently etched into them that will have much less meaning later in life or worse yet a stupid or comical meaning in their post drum corps lives.

Edited by Scerpella

I have two...my profile pic is one of them...I plan on getting one more and I have no regrets about my ink. They are personal and meaningful, and I would like to hope that the stigma or at least the perceived stigma of getting ink are behind us. Furthermore I did not think it hurt at all. I know some places are more painful that others, but in general the back and shoulders are a pretty safe bet. Finally, I am quite happy with the fact that they are permanent and is something that in the end I will take with me to the grave.

I love the places Ive had the great good luck to march,Scouts and Kilties. But theres many wonderful and memorable things that have happened to me over my lifetime and I dont see the point of preserving memories by permanently drawing them on me. When I hear someone is getting one, I tell them to get a t shirt and take lots of photos. Tattoos are largely nowadays an affectation of young people who apparently dont understand when they are no longer young will probably wish they didnt have symbols permanently etched into them that will have much less meaning later in life or worse yet a stupid or comical meaning in their post drum corps lives.

I keep hearing this mantra...and quite frankly I find your opinion quite outdated.