corps tattoos

I never got any tats because I didn't like the idea of having to wear longed sleeved shirts on company time in the middle of the summer. Come to think of it I was never too crazy about them anyway. Why spend all that money getting your skin inked to make a personel statement when you can just buy a T-shirt?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never got any tats because I didn't like the idea of having to wear longed sleeved shirts on company time in the middle of the summer. Come to think of it I was never too crazy about them anyway. Why spend all that money getting your skin inked to make a personel statement when you can just buy a T-shirt?

Well, in my case, the tat was a healing (finally) after losing Mischief in 97 (if you've ever read the "pets" thread on this board, you know how I feel about my cats)...it wasn't until I got inked that I could look at a gray & white tuxedo cat and not break down in tears. I still miss her terribly (my will says her ashes go with mine...I'm taking her with me), but now I can cope with it, because in a way, she's always with me...all I have to do is look in the mirror.

Can't do that with a t-shirt.

"The indian on her back was poised for an attack

She said a tatoo is a badge of validation

But the truth of the matter is far more revealing

It's a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling"

($1 to Jimmy Buffett)

And, ladies, don't forget: Today's butterfly is tomorrow's pterodactyl!

($1 to me!)

Don't forget this classic from SNL in 2005: Back Tattoo Removal

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

I figure that if the day comes I want one I'll wait at least a month and see if I still want it and no matter what nowhere outside the t-shirt zone. I'd never want to have to wear something special to cover it up like a long sleeve shirt or a turtle-neck, I'm already warm enough as it is.

I'm gonna to get one even if the G-Staff is ###### at me ! :thumbup: I was here first " 1964 "

"The indian on her back was poised for an attack

She said a tatoo is a badge of validation

But the truth of the matter is far more revealing

It's a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling"

($1 to Jimmy Buffett)

Garry in Vegas

Since I'm in my mid 40's and still feel the HLD deep in my heart, I'd say it's not a temporary feeling. :thumbup:

I'm planning to get my small crossed sabers tattoo when I reach my weight and fitness goal. If all goes as planned, that should happen by Spring 2011. (gulp.... marathon training starts next Saturday.)

Since I'm in my mid 40's and still feel the HLD deep in my heart, I'd say it's not a temporary feeling. :tongue:

I'm planning to get my small crossed sabers tattoo when I reach my weight and fitness goal. If all goes as planned, that should happen by Spring 2011. (gulp.... marathon training starts next Saturday.)

Why doesn't DCP have a like button? If it did, I would like this post.

Amen on the non-temporary feeling and good luck with the marathon training!

Never marched so I don't have a corp tat but I do have 3 small very personal tattoos that are not very visible. Got the first one in 1985 and the third one in 2007. Would still like one more but I'm letting the idea of the location and exact design ferment. No rush. Took both of my kids to get their first tats too and they both love them. It's an ancient custom and when done with forethought I think it is a cool thing.

I keep hearing this mantra...and quite frankly I find your opinion quite outdated.

Really? this is a "mantra" to you? Calling ones opinion "outdated" actually confirms my argument that styles and opinions change. And you bolster my point that there may (probably will) come a day that most of the people who got tats in their youth are going to feel very silly.

There are many different (IMO better) ways to express yourself that take into account that we and society change over our lifetimes. A tattoo does not. It is the one fashion choice that stays with you regardless.

Not corps related but think how many women are going to regret that tramp stamp right above their butt later in life? And consider where it will have slidden down to when they turn 50!