The best thing about being a Star of Indiana Alumnus

ok....no star alum was turned away....our young stars were asked when we knew our own was not able to commit! so many of my closest friends were not able to participate and are missed but it is great to feel the vibe of these fine young stars!

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. Happens all the time. The organization did not turn anyone away. Some chose not to participate after the inclusion of the non-alumns.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. Happens all the time. The organization did not turn anyone away. Some chose not to participate after the inclusion of the non-alumns.

Good riddance to them. A handful of recent age-outs is kind of a petty reason to avoid the experience.

Good riddance to them. A handful of recent age-outs is kind of a petty reason to avoid the experience.

Fair enough.

Really? They would turn down the chance to hang out with old friends, make friends with Star alums they never marched with and pass up the chance to play to a crowd that will show them some serious love because Star "babies" were added? Cut off the nose to spite the face?

I have to believe there would be other factors as well in their choice not to participate. My son is one of the legacy kids performing Friday and he has enjoyed his time with Star alums tremendously. They have been very kind to him.

alums chose not to march because of the addition of the young stars? i wouldn't mind knowing some names because a true star alum is not that petty. Our first camp was Easter 2009 I believe the young stars did not join us until feb 2010. If what you say is fact then sadly I'm personally pleased they are not participating....and all alums taking the field tomorrow have welcomed them into our family! They are amazing young adults!! One young man proposed to his girlfriend after our final run through at LOS yesterday!

P.S I want to give a shout out to current marching members of the Blue Knights for what they will be helping us do to get on the field and set in 4 minutes!

alums chose not to march because of the addition of the young stars? i wouldn't mind knowing some names because a true star alum is not that petty. Our first camp was Easter 2009 I believe the young stars did not join us until feb 2010. If what you say is fact then sadly I'm personally pleased they are not participating....and all alums taking the field tomorrow have welcomed them into our family! They are amazing young adults!! One young man proposed to his girlfriend after our final run through at LOS yesterday!

P.S I want to give a shout out to current marching members of the Blue Knights for what they will be helping us do to get on the field and set in 4 minutes!

Tough, but fair.

I love my Star peeps. Both those on and off of the field tonight.

:tongue: Saw the run throughs in Hummel park in Plainfield, Indiana last evening and "Wish Upon A Star" again brought misty eyes...and, by the way, they blew me almost out of the park. Should be most enjoyable to attend DCI in LOS tonight and experience the "Wall of Sound". Go Star! :thumbup::thumbup: Edited by dougcee

I just saw some footage from yesterday's rehearsal on you-know where. Let's just say that anyone who's hoping to hear something from "Belshazzar's Feast" will not be disappointed. :tongue: