Close-ups of Little Geoffrey?

I've only seen the Cadets show live (twice), and I thought it was a blast.

I noticed that Little Geo. struck me as much less obnoxious than other people posting here seemed to find him. I wonder if that is because many have seen him in close-up on the Fan Network? To me, his oversize gestures seem meant for an audience many yards away, and I suspect they are garish and cloying at close range. Doubtless close looks at his face also emphasize his true age, which would serve to undercut his childlike behavior. Wouldn't it better if tonight's theater-cast (which I won't get to see) and the DVD recording eschewed close-ups?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find when I watch the Cadets show I actually have to look for him vs. him being a distraction like many claim.

I think it all goes back to individual tastes.

The kid is an amazing performer. To project a character that well on a football field is an entirely different level of talent than just being in the guard (which is a hell of a lot of talent too!). As one who sees many struggle with any stage presence at all in a theater that seats 250, I am quite impressed.

I find when I watch the Cadets show I actually have to look for him vs. him being a distraction like many claim.

The kid is an amazing performer. To project a character that well on a football field is an entirely different level of talent than just being in the guard (which is a hell of a lot of talent too!). As one who sees many struggle with any stage presence at all in a theater that seats 250, I am quite impressed.

I read on another thread that he was hit by a car while chasing a red balloon in traffic.

Edited by SFZFAN

I agree with some of your views, however, my main problem with the Jeffrey character is that it does not even come close to the level of sophistication the corps proper exhibits. It is like a big ugly wart on the face of a model. And I thought the theme of the show is Toy Souldiers? At times it seems as though Jeffrey is the theme of the show.

See sig for my thoughts on Jeffrey.

Jeffery was conceived by the same brilliant mind(s) that brought us narration, and thought it was a good idea to give us a no-life band geek and Sarah. Is anyone really surprised? Too bad the rest of Cadets show has to be tainted by such sophomoric conception (IMHO).

I said the band geek narration in '07 was like a piece of poop on filet mignon. Kind of hard to enjoy a nice cut of meat under those circumstances. I'd say a wart is an improvement.

Does the corps' use of Little Geoffrey, particularly at the beginning when they're in a block, remind anyone else of their interaction with the comedian, Bill Irwin, in the opening ceremonies of the Atlanta Olympics in 1996?

Does the corps' use of Little Geoffrey, particularly at the beginning when they're in a block, remind anyone else of their interaction with the comedian, Bill Irwin, in the opening ceremonies of the Atlanta Olympics in 1996?

Good observation..I can kind of see what you mean.