Close-ups of Little Geoffrey?

Some of you guys are looking way too much into Jeffery. He's just a kid who finds some toy soldiers and decides to play with them. Its just a drum corps show people, not a broadway production.

Maybe he's being thrown into our face way too much ?

Maybe if he disappeared after the salute and we didn't see him again until he was the corps director for the Cadets it would make sense. :tongue:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you guys are looking way too much into Jeffery. He's just a kid who finds some toy soldiers and decides to play with them. Its just a drum corps show people, not a broadway production.

No, it's not just a drum corps show ... It's Marching Music's Major Leaguetm, and don't you forget it, Bubba!

I saw little Jeffery for the first time yesterday during the theater broadcast. I really thought he was obnoxious. It reminds me of a Hollywood movie, where a 35 year old plays a teenager. It is just a bad show concept.

Does the corps' use of Little Geoffrey, particularly at the beginning when they're in a block, remind anyone else of their interaction with the comedian, Bill Irwin, in the opening ceremonies of the Atlanta Olympics in 1996?

OMG... I got an instant headache when you reminded me of THAT debacle which made me wish I didn't tell anyone to watch the closnig ceremonies because that would show them why I loved this activity so much. 30 seconds of the real deal than THAT showed up.

Lord, did that whole thing create a vaccuum with the mouth, to put it politely.

See sig for my thoughts on Jeffrey.

Jeffery was conceived by the same brilliant mind(s) that brought us narration, and thought it was a good idea to give us a no-life band geek and Sarah. Is anyone really surprised? Too bad the rest of Cadets show has to be tainted by such sophomoric conception (IMHO).

I said the band geek narration in '07 was like a piece of poop on filet mignon. Kind of hard to enjoy a nice cut of meat under those circumstances. I'd say a wart is an improvement.

Beautiful analogy. :thumbup:

I've been using one where I tell people Hoppy and company are given the parts to build a top of the line Black Edition AMG Mercedes and they happily roll out a Yugo/Trabant/Ford Pinto and then tell us that's what we should all want to drive and that we should love it without hesitation. :tongue:

I saw little Jeffery for the first time yesterday during the theater broadcast. I really thought he was obnoxious. It reminds me of a Hollywood movie, where a 35 year old plays a teenager. It is just a bad show concept.

like martin short in the movie Clifford? hehe.

So, are you suggesting that if someone has a strong opinion, they shouldn't post anymore?

I am sorry that GH has taken an awesome corps and done horrible, horrible things to it. A corps you marched. That must suck. The 2000 show has one of the best drum solos ever. I, like you, probably wish for shows like that again.

No, he's taken an awesome corps, one I marched in long before George's time, and kept it awesome.

I didn't care for " Little Geoffrey" having most of the attention of the show. I believe the Cadet's should have taken over and show their talent without the focus being on one clown, or whatever you will call his part. I have to thank the Heavens they took the whine out, that was just creepy.

That being said, I have seen two shows live this year and the one at IMAX last night. Just my opinion but I feel props in many of the corps are going WAY OVER THE TOP. I guess I am craving a little more old school when it was about drill and the music and not the pomp and circumstance. My 2 cents, but some corps still remain on the top despite my opinion. I don't like seeing corps with over the top talent resorting to side shows, they just don't need to. But they are on top, I am in the minority and not a judge, just watched corps over the years and see changes I don't particularly like.

My daughter begins Drum Corps next year so one kid lead sop aged out '02 then became a visual instructor and now my daughter will begin Color Guard.

I know where she was leaning but this year she is beginning to look at some other corps in a different light light.

All in all everyone is a winner, great season! : :tongue:

I think the only problem with Little Geoffrey is in the pre-show, with the toy rifle and the Macarena. That was about a mile past the cheesy line (though it could have been worse, they could have made him do the Soulja Boy dance :tongue: ). Everything he did after the pre-show was fine and sometimes he was even enjoyable.

Edited by MetalTones2012

I think the only problem with Little Geoffrey is in the pre-show, with the toy rifle and the Macarena. That was about a mile past the cheesy line (though it could have been worse, they could have made him do the Soulja Boy dance :tongue: ). Everything he did after the pre-show was fine and sometimes he was even enjoyable.

OMG, can you imagine? I think I would have ###### my pants laughing so hard.