Quarterfinals Open Thread

Question - on the list of performances times for Semis, they have them as starting at 4:30 Eastern time...Indiana is in Central, so does that mean Semis are starting at 3:30 Central time? I just want to be certain - last year, I was in the first corps to go on at Semis, and we went on at around 5:00 Central.

No, most of Indiana is in Eastern time, so all times posted are in Eastern.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, this map lied to me!

But thanks for your help! :tongue:

Depends on the time of year. the eastern part of the state doesn't observe DST. so half the year they are ET and the other half the are CT. Really screwed up one of our bass drummers one weekend when he thought he had another 1/2 hour before he needed to leave Ft. Wayne in order to make it to Canton in time to catch the busses as we departed for our spring weekend rehearsal in Baltimore. turned out he was already leaving 30 minutes later than he wanted to since the clocks had changed in the east and he didn't account for the difference.

Well, it's not a "perfect" score, but I watched them warm up last night, and they are BEASTS! I can see how they're 0.3 better than the 2nd place guard, which is what the score says.

Yep, no drill for BD's guard to overcome.

I stand by my statement, and of course, it's a design choice...

I like the guards who march a challenging drill along with their guard book.

IMHO

Was anyone else annoyed by how much face time the guy with the mohawk in the gun line got last night for the Troopers?

I would much rather see the drill from a high camera, than the emo on a guard members face.

I was pretty annoyed with the amount of camera time they gave to colorguard solo/duo performers for every corps. In years past it was the pit or the drumline. This is not better. Waiting anxiously for the DVD.

Depends on the time of year. the eastern part of the state doesn't observe DST. so half the year they are ET and the other half the are CT.

As far as I know, the entire state observes Daylight Savings Time. Almost all the state should be on Eastern time. The only exceptions are the counties in the extreme northwest (Gary, Michigan City, etc.) and the extreme southwest (Evansville), which are on Central time.

I'm here in Indy. Where are the brass and percussion warming up? Ie where is "the lot"? Can't find it

Anybody know??

Anybody know??

Some have been across the street from the TGI Friday's, Courtyard by Marriott and Spring Hill suites -- about a 1/2 mile from the stadium. In front of the Indiana State museum.