Already Back from the Theater

No audio problems at our theater just north of Baltimore.

One brief video glitch, but nothing major.

And the box of Milk Duds was quite tasty. :lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCI seems to be of the opinion that whatever they decide to do, it will be good enough for the fans .... which sucks.

The sound was poor at the showing in Asheville NC as well, and the place was packed!

The DVD's used to include multiple camera angles and "non-show" material and the cost was the same as it is now for 2 angles and nothing else.

DCI needs to bring back the multiple camera angle DVDs, especially now that so many corps have "story lines" that aren't very cohesive so that the one angle is not just following "the green fairy and peter pan" around the entire show .... leaving us to guess what is happening elsewhere on the field.

I have complained several times about the quality of the FN videos and never get a response back besides the obligatory "thank you for the email" ...

Yes they were 1000% there. They were on the field level cameras (not the boom, but the guy standing with the camera on his shoulder). Even when not pointed upward, the stadium lights still were causing flare onto the camera (since wide angle lens doesn't exactly have a large lens hood, for obvious reason). The high camera and boom, no blue dots, since cameras were pointed more downward. Like I said, I know exactly what causes this and I am surprised, their lens isn't better coated.

Sorry, you are wrong. Were not on my broadcast.

Waa waa, everyone who has gone to Quarterfinals and the Countdown has NEVER been happy about sound. Get over it and just enjoy the show.

I attended the showing in Chattanooga. I was generally pleased with the sound at our theater. I went a couple of years ago and was disappointed in the audio. Not this year though. Not sure why one would be good and another wouldn't, but I heard no complaints from others in the audience where I was.

The blue dots were there on everyone's broadcast. Like I said, it came from the stadium lights bouncing inside the camera lens' elements. A better coated camera lens glass would eliminate that. It is basically an ugly lens flare.

Wrong. There were absolutely no blue dots or any other visual problems at my theater (Tysons Corner, VA). Sound was great, too. Sorry your experience sucked, but mine was fantastic!

My theater experience:

Sound was so-so volume and clarity-wise. Picture was very washed-out especially bottom center of screen.

"Thunderous goo" (low-end synth) destroyed brass clarity way too much.

I could discern the high-pitched electronic tones eminating from cell-phone texting all around me from the high percentage of bored teen bandos.

Not one goose-bump moment this year.

I guess enough straws have finally dropped.

I'm pretty sure Tom Blair said (on the FieldPass) that the broadcast would be in HD. The picture quality was terribly disappointing... Audio was fine though.

Our theater in Dallas had no real problems. A bit of fuzz midway but it quickly cleared up. I LOVE how the commentators told it like it is. Everyone was loving it. Also, the theater I was at was MOSTLY high school students. About 90/10 to older people (I saw a thread earlier about that).

ONE MO' THING: Did anyone else see the guard guy who ran into the shot of the pit with a huge cheesy smile on his face? Forgot the corps but he had red stuff around his eyes. Our theater cracked up.

ONE MO' THING: Did anyone else see the guard guy who ran into the shot of the pit with a huge cheesy smile on his face? Forgot the corps but he had red stuff around his eyes. Our theater cracked up.

Yeah... that got a laugh at our theater, too.