Big, Loud and Live

So I have been going to the quarterfinals at the Theater at Carousel Mall for the past three or four years. The presentation has been alright, sound and picture fine to great. The first year I went it was showing in two different theaters. Syracuse is a drum corps town and the fans really pack it in for the show at the theater. So you can imagine how unsurprised I was when I pulled into the parking lot and saw it packed full of cars with DCI and DCA related stickers on them. As soon as I got up the escalator, I could feel this odd aura. It was quiet, too quiet. It was at about this point I started to get worried. When I went to get my ticket I was told it was sold out and had been since 5:30 or so. I asked if any other theater could be opened and was told no it couldn't. At this point I planned to head down, cut my losses and do some shopping. This was when we ran into our new friend.

So as we are leaving an older man comes into our path and says "Don't you dare leave". So my friend and I stare at him and then he says "Look" and steps aside. Behind him are about 20-30 Drum Corps fans of varying age. "Join us" he says. It was at about this point that the thought first entered my mind, "Hell Hath No Fury Like a Drum Corps Fan Scorned". So now there was an ever growing group of angry drum corps fans glowering at the ticket booth waiting to see what would happen. Thats when one women, I believe her name was Diane, whipped out her iPhone and called Regal Cinemas HQ. After a few minutes of talking with them and getting nowhere, she hung up and called iFathom Events. She talked to a real person and actually got a bit done, thats when others began calling. I called and was surprised to hear the following recording:

To schedule a group sale Press 1

To schedule a private showing press 2

To put church services on the Screen Press 3

To speak to the Vice President Press 4

...wait what was that last part. So I pressed 4. The man on the other end was Mike Nelson, I have no idea if he was the VP or not but he was very kind and helpful. We talked for a while and he mentioned that the next 9 lines on his phone were all Syracuse area code numbers. He called the theater and tried to prepare a deal for us. Alas it was not to be due to contracts with other movie studios. But as we were leaving I received a phone call. It was Mike Nelson calling to apologize that he couldn't do more. I guess the moral here is that Regal Cinemas didn't seem to care about the customers, but iFathom cared about us and tried to help. I just figured I would put this here as a way to thank them.

And as for the rest of the night, it was still fun. There are few fans who would stay and "Threaten rioting, lol j/k" while waiting to see if we could get in. If there is one thing it proves, it is "Hell Hath No Fury Like a Drum Corps Fan Scorned".

Well that's good news...I think. This could mean attendance at LOS is going to be a stinker so people went to the theater. I'll be optimistic and think that DCI just has hordes more fans this year.

Sorry you didn't get to see the show. That stinks. I had class tonite and missed it too! :lol: