The audience at my theater went APES@#$ for (x) corps

Crowd at my theater cheered most for Madison, Phantom, Crown and Cavies.

Complete silence at the end of BD. No one knew what to make of it. After a moment there were some "I'm not sure what I just saw" claps.

As an aside - at the Atlanta show, I heard a bando refer to BDs show as "That crappy show with mirrors"!

Sorry - Im really not trying to bash but those two moments were just really funny to me. BD is putting out an awesome performance. It's just not very fan friendly.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Much to my surprise, the loudest was for CROWN. Not that I don't like the show, it's actually my favorite this year :lol: , I just assumed that it would be Madison or Cavies because of all the chatter on here about those two being the fan favorites this year.

Just shows you to take everything on DCP with a grain of salt.

On a side note, I am in the South... :rolleyes:

Complete silence at the end of BD. No one knew what to make of it. After a moment there were some "I'm not sure what I just saw" claps.

Same thing at my show...hmmmmmmmmm

Crowd at my theater cheered most for Madison, Phantom, Crown and Cavies.

As an aside - at the Atlanta show, I heard a bando refer to BDs show as "That crappy show with mirrors"!

Sorry - Im really not trying to bash but those two moments were just really funny to me. BD is putting out an awesome performance. It's just not very fan friendly.

I wonder what people might think of the 2010 BD show a few years from now......I remember in 93' that Star of Indiana wasn't really "fan friendly" now people love it. Star 93 was so different that it took a while to catch on, BD 2010 might be the same thing.

I wonder what people might think of the 2010 BD show a few years from now......I remember in 93' that Star of Indiana wasn't really "fan friendly" now people love it. Star 93 was so different that it took a while to catch on, BD 2010 might be the same thing.

Maybe...but if you go back and watch the Finals performance of 1993 Star, the audience absolutely erupts after the end of that show. I am a relative newbie to drum corps but it often confuses me when people say this was not a fan favorite. That audience reaction at the end of their show is one of the loudest I've ever heard. :lol:

I'd be happy to eat my words if the audience reacts in a similar nature at Finals to BD's show this year...but right now I just don't see that happening.

My Theater (well parts) gave a standing O to Crown. They were the loudest with Phantom, Madison and Cavies.. I heard a few HUH's at the end of blue devils, and then groans when there show was announced

Edited by ohwiseone

Well, I was sitting on the 50 yard line about 3/4 up from the field and that place errupted when Star finished. Plus Phantom got the biggest ovation that hot night in '93 when they did the spin move.

Plus Phantom got the biggest ovation that hot night in '93 when they did the spin move.

LOVE that show!!!!! :lol:

Edited by sax1210

One of the loudest reactions in the theater I was in was for SCV during their crazy drill move where the cymbals act as a "wheel" and feed the hornline into the colorguard and they're running all over the place in that tall rectangle. I was surprised that it got such a great reaction but happy that it did. I love that show.