The audience at my theater went APES@#$ for (x) corps

Biggest reaction at Eastridge Mall in San Jose: Madison, SCV (hometown crowd), Crown, and Bluecoats. Barely a peep for anyone else.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but it SHOULD matter. We are the PAYING customer(s).

Who should it matter to, exactly?

Should it matter to the corps? Should they design their show to please you, rather than to teach, or to innovate?

With that attitude, you might as well just clone the Madison Scouts 12 times and be done with it...that's all you want to see anyway right?

The PAYING customers have treated many great corps like garbage over the years. I don't blame them for not caring what you think of them. They play for the folks who DO appreciate what they do.

So whats the deal with everyone posting about how the crowd reacted to BD, supposedly anyways...

I thought this was a BD friendly environment?! :tongue:

Love the Scouts, Loved Cavies....know that SCV and Bluecoats are differnt this year and LOVE them....BD is just a snooze fest....has nothing with them being in a league of their own....or so deep in thought that we might all catch up to their brilliance some day.....they are just boring

...Also when the announcer said that Blue Devils B had gone undefeated this season.

I did not catch that statement in the broadcast but if it was in the broadcast it is wrong. :tongue:

July 17th at the So-Cal Classic in Paramount, CA Vanguard Cadets 86.50 beat Blue Devils B 86.00

Edited by Joe Salvatore

Why clap for someone when everyone knows who wins the majority of the time. Same BLUE stuff year in year out. Judges like it, they win. Oh, maybe thats why fan attendance is down in this activity. Why go when you know JUNE 15th or the first scores are placed to the general public who is leading. Thus no parity.

Back on topic... Bashing the current years championship contending corps...

Oops, that is not what this thread is about, sorry (really tiresome that so many DCP threads deteriorate into BD 2010 bashing/supporting)

I have to say that my theater was full of an entire local high school band and really it made for a rather disappointing experience.

I am glad that they are attending and really excited that they are having this opportunity but I am just speaking from my enjoyment of the broadcast perspective.

Unfortunately, the audience reaction was really absent from most if not all of the shows and I chock that up to the audience and NOT to the corps.

I attended Atlanta SE Championships live and can appreciate that there is a VAST difference in seeing many of these shows live and not on a broadcast.

At the end of the day, I just want to be entertained and have found that 2010 has really be a good year for me in that regards.

Sure I have my own favorite shows but I really can find entertainment in almost all of the shows this year... good job corps (staff, members, volunteers)!