The audience at my theater went APES@#$ for (x) corps

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, BD got a decent round of applause in my theater. The shock came when the score was announce and those same people started booing the screen, rather forcefully (an act I did not participate in). It seemed a bit ridiculous.

I'm not sure I'll be making the trip to the theater again though. It simply isn't a good replacement for seeing a show live, and a lot of stuff falls flat. It doesn't help that the sound is being produced pretty much solely from the front speakers.

lol.

I'm sure they have great programs.

Some of the best.

For what it's worth, BD got a decent round of applause in my theater. The shock came when the score was announce and those same people started booing the screen, rather forcefully (an act I did not participate in). It seemed a bit ridiculous.

I'm not sure I'll be making the trip to the theater again though. It simply isn't a good replacement for seeing a show live, and a lot of stuff falls flat. It doesn't help that the sound is being produced pretty much solely from the front speakers.

Sorry to hear the sound sucked at your venue. We had that problem initially, but after my "discussion" with the theater manager they somehow got the surround working and it was quite nice.

Sorry to hear the sound sucked at your venue. We had that problem initially, but after my "discussion" with the theater manager they somehow got the surround working and it was quite nice.

I've been 3 times and it's been the same. It could just be the venues around here I suppose.

I was at the Atlanta show and again last night at the theater. Here's my take on the crowds reaction to the Blue Devils...

UNCOMFORTABLE!

Anybody else feeling really uncomfortable when you hear crickets at the end of a BLUE DEVILS show??? Love it or hate the show itself, just sad that's the feeling I'm left with at the end of the Blue Devils performance. I know they are better than everyone else...heck they know they are too, but I think lots of people have tried to enjoy the show and just don't. It's out there for sure, but there have been out there shows that people have gotten behind in the past. I hate that BD has become so polarizing with this production.

It was this way at the Southeastern Championships too. I saw people looking around confused as to what had just happened. seems that it was the same way last night in the theaters.

Perhaps they were tuning up for final!

Booing an inanimate object...I'm certain there's no fixing that kind of mental illness! :tongue:

our theater got loudest for sully's interveiw....as well as my self and others saying our favorite sully quotes

In my experience, if you take someone to a Drum Corps show who's never seen one before, wait until all the dust settles, and then ask them who their favorite corps was they almost NEVER pick the corps that won. :tongue:

I thought everyone (except Jeffery) was super! If Cadets would lose the dumb character ahhh never mind they had the baddest snare feature all night! talk about flams! Whoooooooooo!

And here again is the problem with watching DCI in the theater. Jeffery was coached to over act in order to communicate with an audience hundreds of feet away in the nosebleeds. When you then put a close-up on him, it's no wonder he becomes a distraction.

If the camera showed what a typical audience member would see in the stadium (namely, a wide view of the whole field with OCCASIONAL close-ups in only the most necessary moments), I think we wouldn't find him nearly as annoying. And even if you didn't like him, you could almost completely ignore him.