BD is staying at a hotel?

When the cameras were filming the BD huddle, the BD Corps Director said something about letting them sleep a little longer in the hotel (or something to that affect).

Are they staying at a hotel? Why?

Is it an unfair advantage?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The non-drum corps friend that I dragged to the theatre tonight said she heard that as well.

As far as being an unfair advantage - by this time in the season I'm sure the kids could sleep anywhere.

When the cameras were filming the BD huddle, the BD Corps Director said something about letting them sleep a little longer in the hotel (or something to that affect).

Are they staying at a hotel? Why?

Is it an unfair advantage?

This is nothing new, and BD isn't the first corps to use a hotel at championships.

Garry in Vegas

It's not an unfair advantage. If they have the money to do that, nothing is stopping them.

I heard that and was confused as well. My mother leaned over and said, "you guys never stayed at a hotel did you?"

I responded with a no and a chuckle.

I assume they do it because it's more comfortable than a gym floor.

From what I have heard, there was a problem with the BD housing site...something to do with a previous corps that had stayed there and caused a problem (not sure why it came up so late). BD was forced to look for last minute housing and a rehearsal location. Seems like they figured out a way to make it work. BITD, I would have apprciated a soft bed and decent A/C on finals week.

This is nothing new, and BD isn't the first corps to use a hotel at championships.

Garry in Vegas

Yep, Vanguard did it way back in the 1970s... I don't think it's an advantage at all. Logistically, you waste much more time transporting the corps back and forth to rehearsal, assuming the hotel doesn't have their own stadium! Um...besides that, who cares? Does anyone find a school with a little hotter showers or non-low flush toilets an "unfair" advantage? Just have to laugh!

I was surprised to hear that BD was staying at a hotel. Just goes to show...totally not drum corps! :P

To quote the dinosaur next to me in the theatre.

*grumble grumble*

Madison's clip of 75 comes on.

*gasps and grunts*

Now that's a real drum corps

(where I roll my eyes)

He proceeded to do the same thing every time something from before 1990 was shown (including but not limited to 27s clip, Blue Devils 79)

He also liked to point out that he remembered all of these things, and continued to say, "Back when it was real drum corps."