BD is staying at a hotel?

It's interesting to note how this thread has morphed. The OP was openly hostile towards BD, without even thinking there might be a reason for BD to do this.

I have no desire to point my finger directly at any other corps, and wish that had not happened above, but BD was left hanging when the housing arrangements fell through. The hotel was the result of unfortunate circumstances, and is a cost to somewhere in the drum corps activity that would not have happened if not for the event.

All corps must be the most supportive and respectful guests at all times, as other corps may be negatively affected for lapses. This is one such occasion.

I doubt this will mean much for the BD haters though. Flame on DCP.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfair advantage? BD is far from the first corps to choose to stay at a hotel for champs. I don't get what the big deal is. Seriously.

Unfair advantage? BD is far from the first corps to choose to stay at a hotel for champs. I don't get what the big deal is. Seriously.

True, I'm pretty sure I remember hearing about Spirit staying at hotels back in the '70s. They weren't the only ones, but I guess because they were the new kids on the block, who -- at least on the surface -- seemed to have more money than most of the rest of us, that's why some (envious) folks considered it news.

True, I'm pretty sure I remember hearing about Spirit staying at hotels back in the '70s. They weren't the only ones, but I guess because they were the new kids on the block, who -- at least on the surface -- seemed to have more money than most of the rest of us, that's why some (envious) folks considered it news.

Hmmmmm ... I recall some wild nights with 27th and SCV at the hotel in 74(?). In fact, most of SCV's drum line and the drum major streaked the hotel hallways in nothing but aussies, gauntlets, gloves and shoes.

We looked forward to staying in hotels for champs. Just sayin' :tongue:

They needed mirrors to get ready for the show!

:tongue:

Hmmmmm ... I recall some wild nights with 27th and SCV at the hotel in 74(?). In fact, most of SCV's drum line and the drum major streaked the hotel hallways in nothing but aussies, gauntlets, gloves and shoes.

We looked forward to staying in hotels for champs. Just sayin' :tongue:

BD is also getting Cheese Bagels for night time snack...

Unfair advantage? :thumbup:

When I was in SCV we stayed at a Holiday Inn in '79 and '80, a welcome respite from the brutal heat in Birmingham.

In '79, the meeting room was used to practice the "surprise" Bottle Dance. We also had a banquet in the hotel both years. One year, don't remember which, Maynard Ferguson attended. How cool is that? :tongue:

Figure 4 ppl to a room, 180 ppl with staff and volunteers, thats 45 rooms and $100 per room per night is only $4500 per night. Figure 4 nights would be $18,000 (and saving the 12% room tax for being NPO!) that would only be $18,000 for the opportunity to give their corps a great opportunity to perform at their best. Negotiate a smaller room cost and even better.

I'd consider that a great investment. I'm assuming that they have to pay for 4 nights of staying at a school anyway so you would deduct that amt also to figure the extra expense.

They would probably allotted the government rate, about $80 to $85 dollars a night.....That's what most hotels usually charge school music groups when they travel....

If the Blue Devils leave DCI after Saturday, we'll be sure to leave the light on for you in a Motel 6 if you decide to come back.

Blue Devils A or B Corps do NOT sleep in hotels! Rick Odello---the Director would never allow this, unless some kind, rich person donated $250,00.00 to make a hotel happen.