BD is staying at a hotel?

If it's good enough for us DCA folks at finals week... :lol:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have heard, there was a problem with the BD housing site...something to do with a previous corps that had stayed there and caused a problem (not sure why it came up so late). BD was forced to look for last minute housing and a rehearsal location. Seems like they figured out a way to make it work. BITD, I would have apprciated a soft bed and decent A/C on finals week.

This is true. My boyfriend marches BD, and he told me that the school they were originally supposed to stay at was uncomfortable with allowing another corps to stay there. A few other corps had stayed there earlier this season and didn't keep the place as nice as the school expected.

It was a quick fix that ended up being somewhat beneficial, though they have all electronics turned off in their rooms.

*edited for spelling

Edited by Nilla

Housing issues "forced" us into a hotel in Orlando in '96. :lol: Trust me, cold A/C, beds and a pool were MUCH appreciated in Florida in august!! :rolleyes:

This is true. My boyfriend marches BD, and he told me that the school they were originally supposed to stay at was uncomfortable with allowing another corps to stay there. A few other corps had stayed there earlier this season and didn't keep the place as nice as the school expected.

It was a quick fix that ended up being somewhat beneficial, though they have all electronics turned off in their rooms.

*edited for spelling

Good info. Welcome to DCP! :lol:

*edited for spelling

Ah - thanks for the udpate!

Why are all of the electonics turned off in their rooms?

Ah - thanks for the udpate!

Why are all of the electonics turned off in their rooms?

You know the rules...hotel or not...lights out means LIGHTS OUT!!!

Seriously, though, why not? They have done without TV all Summer. Do they really need to stay up late watching TV now? Anyway, it's BD. They probably have time to go out and catch a movie tomorrow afternoon. :lol:

When the cameras were filming the BD huddle, the BD Corps Director said something about letting them sleep a little longer in the hotel (or something to that affect).

Are they staying at a hotel? Why?

Is it an unfair advantage?

Nothing new, here. Corps can spend their money anyway they want to, and if hotels were the best options for Blue Devils so be it.

When I marched, our Finals week housing sight was a an MLB spring training facility. FWIW it didn't seem to be too big of an advantage for us.

Although, BD also stayed at a hotel and won 2/3 years in Orlando. Hmmmm... :lol:

75 Vanguard stayed in a hotel in Philly for Nats. Personally, I thought it made the Championships even more special.... It was a great experience. Since 75 was the first year televising finals, we actually got to watch the first six corps performances on t.v. in our rooms before we had to make our way to the busses and head out to the stadium. Now THAT was a trip!