BD is staying at a hotel?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When the cameras were filming the BD huddle, the BD Corps Director said something about letting them sleep a little longer in the hotel (or something to that affect).

Are they staying at a hotel? Why?

Is it an unfair advantage?

Why not? If the corps can afford it, then more power to them. BITD Vanguard always stayed at a hotel/motel during finals week. After a long tour I'm sure the kids can use, and appreciate, any creature comforts that can be afforded them ... and they deserve it.

As for unfair advantage? Hell no ... Nothing short of having their buses sucked up by a giant sink hole on the way to the stadium Saturday night, I don't think it's going to make any difference to BD's outcome this year. :tongue:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when there is a problem with housing, the show sponsor (in this case DCI) foots the bill for the hotel, not the corps.

Nice to see the "BD hate"is still so consistent....never mind that corps staying at hotels -- especially if the normal housing falls through -- is nothing new, nor is it new to the top dogs (one of the smaller Div II or III corps had to do the same at 07 DCI)...somehow it's equated to an unfair advantage when it happens to BD.

BS...the logistics of having to schlep from a hotel to the practice site-- which might be a fair distance away from the hotel -- means lost rehearsal time compared to simply going to the other side of the school campus.

That same travel time can take away from sleep...so you're looking at more sleep/less rehearsal time or less sleep/more rehearsal time.

HOW is that an unfair advantage??

Geez, who cares? So they stayed at a hotel. They did it when I marched too. Nothing to be concerned about. Hell if they have he money to do that, all power to them.

This is nothing new, and BD isn't the first corps to use a hotel at championships.

Garry in Vegas

For example... I seem to recall SCV being offered a choice in 1983 (vets can confirm)

1) Fly home

2) Stay in a hotel during finals week