BD is staying at a hotel?

Todd....YOU know the FACTS have nothing to do with BD hate....

Didn't this happen to the corps last year as well??

2007 I stayed at a hotel next door to a corps who was staying at a hotel. I think it was Glassmen.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Figure 4 ppl to a room, 180 ppl with staff and volunteers, thats 45 rooms and $100 per room per night is only $4500 per night. Figure 4 nights would be $18,000 (and saving the 12% room tax for being NPO!) that would only be $18,000 for the opportunity to give their corps a great opportunity to perform at their best. Negotiate a smaller room cost and even better.

I'd consider that a great investment. I'm assuming that they have to pay for 4 nights of staying at a school anyway so you would deduct that amt also to figure the extra expense.

Plus, you know, the fact that their first choice was to stay at a school, but the school bailed because corps earlier in the year weren't as gracious of guests as they should've been, and it's more of a hinderance due to travel times and logistics for rehearsal.

This isn't really to big a deal in regards to their finals performance, and if anything it's a disadvantage, as Mr. 84BDSop said.

Edited by cjp87

Here's the story. Believe it if you want.

Blue Stars were staying at the school BD was supposed to house out earlier in the season (recently). The BS drumline was tracking on a road around the school. A car was behind him, waiting and waiting, I believe honking, for the drumline to move out of the way. The drumline finally stopped, cleared and let the car through. A legendary percussion arranger/instructor preceded to make a gesture to the car. Turns out to be the principal. So, no more housing for BD.

Staying at a hotel was out of BD's control.

Blue Stars were staying at the school BD was supposed to house out earlier in the season (recently). The BS drumline was tracking on a road around the school. A car was behind him, waiting and waiting, I believe honking, for the drumline to move out of the way. The drumline finally stopped, cleared and let the car through. A legendary percussion arranger/instructor preceded to make a gesture to the car. Turns out to be the principal. So, no more housing for BD.

So I'm assuming he didn't wave at the car with all five fingers?

Well technically it is in their control, watch out who you flip the bird to :tongue: