DCI story on CNN.com

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calling all G-7 debaters...white courtesy phone...

Cali.

Is this George's motivation?

"What people don't get about me is I love it the way it is, I really do," Hopkins said. "But it's not going to survive if we don't let other people in -- the next big wall is woodwind instruments."

"Hopkins is optimistic a compromise can be reached to avoid a split with DCI."

So, is that the strategy? "We'll stay if we can have woodwinds."

(Sorry if that's been established and I'm just the last one to be the memo.)

Wow...surprising a story about "band geeks" made CNN! :lol:

and while it clearly is NOT cool that someone vandalized Hoppy's car, I had to "LOL" at his reaction:

"When I went to the police they asked, 'Do you know anyone who would do this?' I said: 'Thousands of people'," Hopkins said

I read a tweet in Atlanta regarding an interview with CNN.

I love how the media puts a story together 2 weeks before it's released just to wreck havoc during World Championships (sarcasm off). I am not a big fan of the G7 idea, but this is not the kind of media attention the activity needs.

I'm sorry... Find me enough WW players that actually want to march drumcorps. About enough for 7 corps? There is no educational value for a WW player to march.... period. Not many brass professors in college are cool with it, even less WW would be.

You know what would help your flute/ oboe/ bassoon playing... More marching band.

Really?

And whoever vandalized Hops car... You're a lowlife sack of.... you know.

Edited by CloudHype

zzzzzz.

as if.

I'm sorry... Find me enough WW players that actually want to march drumcorps. About enough for 7 corps? There is no educational value for a WW player to march.... period. Not many brass professors in college are cool with it, even less WW would be.

You know what would help your flute/ oboe/ bassoon playing... More marching band.

Really?

And whoever vandalized Hops car... You're a lowlife sack of.... you know.

Really?! There is no way you're actually serious with this statement, implying that woodwind musicians wouldn't gain educationally from marching a season of drum corps.

Geez; I know we all love to spout ridiculous rhetoric about things we dislike (or even things we like), but if you honestly believe what I bolded above then you clearly know absolutely nothing about drum corps