DCI story on CNN.com

Pretty interesting that this is what gets us in the public eye . . .thanks for the DCP shoutout, CNN . . .

I guess people love drama. :lol:

It'll be neat to see if this garners any commentary from people outside of our little world, and how they might perceive what's going on in the activity.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, the video they attached to that article is actually pretty great mainstream media coverage.

Agreed! ..... and shared to my facebook page. This topic is finally starting to get some boots on the ground with Legacy fan$ that have been out of the loop. I encourage more people to share these links (it's very easy to post to facebook directly from the CNN website).

Forget the topic...this is one of the best articles about drum corps that I have seen in a national media format. It gives a pretty good overview of what drum corps is about with video clips and a free plug for championships in Indy. I agree with one of the earlier posters; this kind of exposure - even if it is due to controversy - is great for DCI.

Forget the topic...this is one of the best articles about drum corps that I have seen in a national media format. It gives a pretty good overview of what drum corps is about with video clips and a free plug for championships in Indy. I agree with one of the earlier posters; this kind of exposure - even if it is due to controversy - is great for DCI.

So Hoppy finally did DCI some good? :lol:

didn't WE dub them the G-7?

No, they (Hoppy) came up with it themselves...there were a whole bunch more terms that "WE" came up with, many of them that only appear on this screens with a "#"

. . .some interesting things to note:

1. This is posted to CNN's International edition, *not* the US edition. . . which, while good for our presence around the world, may leave some of the US audience out of the loop. If you can, repost this on Facebook or Twitter the link to folks to get some more eyes on the story. Use the links the very bottom of the story; makes it very easy. :lol:

2. The author of this story posts from an Asian perspective most of the time and is listed as a "business producer/international business editor" on CNN's website. If you check his LinkedIn profile, that's no suprise, given his background.

It is interesting that he would latch onto this, of all things, from halfway around the world . . .but, hey, I think we'll all take the international press (especially the nod to DCP . . .sweet), and perhaps we have fans in more places than we assume. :rolleyes:

I personally dont' think opening up DCI to WW would really attract many players.. since most WW players who want to march figure out a way to march anyway..

I don't get it. Are the big corps hurting for talent on the brass lines? Hopkins is always trying to up the age limits... I'm also surprised he straight out was calling for woodwinds. I didn't realize he was being that direct about it.

But wouldn't the better solution to all the expenses and demand for talent be to simplify? Eliminate electronics and amps and you save equipment money, transportation money, and you need fewer staff. Cut back to a smaller corps size you save a ton in food, instruments, and uniforms. Make props illegal, and remove the temptation to add that expense.

They chose a great pic from last year.

No one commented on this being in the Business area?

Drama makes news and ratings...... At least this beats a film clip of someone going thru a tragedy and having a mic shoved in their face and asked for their feelings.

PS - Now DCI is "Formula One", what happend to Major Leagues. :tongue:

Edited by JimF-LowBari