Semi Finals Open Thread

No, they won't....Robert Soloman will get confused by the mirrors and give them a "reflected" score...0.01 :tongue:

When I saw the show in Stanford (2nd or 3rd show of the year I think), the first thing I thought of was "look at all the hand prints and scratches". I must have been sitting to low in the stadium - the mirrors gave me a bit of motion sickness.

Edited by JohnnySoprano

Cavaliers beat Crown in Brass? RIDICULOUS!

The judge clearly stated that Cavies played with better musicality and worse technique than Crown. Thinking back to certain segments of Crowns show ... I can see the judge making a case for the numbers he posted. And dude .... I'm considered a Crown HONK on here (even though I'm not) ... so don't think I'm picking a fight with you.

honest to god, this happens every year. have they seriously not got this figured out yet?

:tongue:

I was on from 4:15 to after the final 2 scores & did not encounter a single glitch. My speakers suck, but other than that I had no problem with the feed.

I was on from 4:15 to after the final 2 scores & did not encounter a single glitch. My speakers suck, but other than that I had no problem with the feed.

Even so, this does concern me about the free webcast of retreat tomorrow night

Marie Czapi$#@$U(@#)$#@-9_)89-3 BIT##$$@$#@ <insert personal attack here> She who should not be named! GRRR

a 7 sub caption in GE Viz really? Seriously you need to just stop judging and go home. I'm so glad you are judging semis though. but c'mon enough is enough. It's sad when you can look at a judging lineup BEFORE the day begins and know what caption you are going to get dumped in.

IT'S TIME TO GO DEAR!!!!

Marie Czapi$#@$U(@#)$#@-9_)89-3 BIT##$$@$#@ <insert personal attack here> She who should not be named! GRRR

a 7 sub caption in GE Viz really? Seriously you need to just stop judging and go home. I'm so glad you are judging semis though. but c'mon enough is enough. It's sad when you can look at a judging lineup BEFORE the day begins and know what caption you are going to get dumped in.

IT'S TIME TO GO DEAR!!!!

:tongue:

Her overall score and placement for Crown was the same as the other GE viz judge. Or was the other judge wrong, too?

:thumbup:

IT'S TIME TO GO DEAR!!!!

YAY someone else started in on Marie before I did .................... again!

I had a separate notepad for my GE VIZ numbers .. and what I thought Marie would ordinal .. and I was dead on 100% right.

No, I'm talking about that specific sub-caption..and obviously I think ALL of the judges are wrong and have been wrong several years now, but hey......at least she' s not judging finals.

Troopers got 13th from one GE Vis judge and 17th from the other

The judge clearly stated that Cavies played with better musicality and worse technique than Crown. Thinking back to certain segments of Crowns show ... I can see the judge making a case for the numbers he posted. And dude .... I'm considered a Crown HONK on here (even though I'm not) ... so don't think I'm picking a fight with you.

From the looks of it from experience, the judge sat down, had his numbers in his head, had a tie on the bottom line and realized he had to break that tie, which can be a pretty tough thing to do, and he leaned towards the Cavies in his mental tie-breaker. It's that close and that tight evidently between the two in that caption. I'll give the judge props for breaking the tie, especially since he did have the room to do it- it's the courteous thing to do at that level and situation for both corps.

Crown could tip the caption back at Finals- so really, not a bad call at all, maybe a wakeup call to Crown as to what they need to do for Finals.