Semi Finals Open Thread

:tongue:

Her overall score and placement for Crown was the same as the other GE viz judge. Or was the other judge wrong, too?

:thumbup:

She already set the standard for their GE Visual ranking some days ago. Nuff said.

She certainly did push Madison OUT of 9th place tonight.

Edited by supersop

Wow...those CG scores are crazy. I don't think I could ever look at something happening on a football field and go, "Hey, you know something, that right there was perfect."

Not trying to knock BD CG...they are amazing at life.

Just sayin'...that's nuts!!!

Way to go!!

Edited by Madrid

Marie Czapi$#@$U(@#)$#@-9_)89-3 BIT##$$@$#@ <insert personal attack here> She who should not be named! GRRR

a 7 sub caption in GE Viz really? Seriously you need to just stop judging and go home. I'm so glad you are judging semis though. but c'mon enough is enough. It's sad when you can look at a judging lineup BEFORE the day begins and know what caption you are going to get dumped in.

IT'S TIME TO GO DEAR!!!!

If you are talking about visual, it looks like both judges had them in 5th, with identical scores of 18.9.

Are you mad at the other judge too?

ok Crown....4th in Brass (which is a total crock) 6th in percussion.....but 2nd in music ensemble????????

Wow...those CG scores are crazy. I don't think I could ever look at something happening on a football field and go, "Hey, you know something, that right there was perfect."

Just sayin'...

The number doent mean perfect at all just the best of the night. Judges, are only working with so many numbers. People, including kids will talk about the perfect score but it really doesnt mean that.

:tongue:

Her overall score and placement for Crown was the same as the other GE viz judge. Or was the other judge wrong, too?

:thumbup:

Sorry Tim, I should have read your post first before making my reply.

+++

Tim, just have your secretary type that up, and I'll sign it. :thumbup:

Just sayin'...that's nuts!!!

Way to go!!

A 20 for BD last night with at least two drops. I wonder what their score would have been without a drop?

Edited by DAvery

The number doent mean perfect at all just the best of the night. Judges, are only working with so many numbers. People, including kids will talk about the perfect score but it really doesnt mean that.

It doesn't quite mean "best of the night," either.

If that were the case, then every night's champion would score 100!

Very true. It just blows me away to see a perfect on a judges sheet.

No Haterade here.

Maybe start with lower numbers???

Oh well. Awesome job!!!

Not surprised at the placecments for semis.

Very surprised at two color guard judges two nights in a row giving BD's guard a "perfect" score!! C'mon now.,.. (Stated previously -- BD's guard is nice and kickin it up a notch, but not perfect).

Also -- got off the phone 10 mins ago with a good friend attending his 3rd finals week. This friend has a masters degree in brass peformance (trumpet) from Eastman School of Music. Did not ask of I could share his name -- so won't, but here's a direct quote (corps name being omitted so other posters in this forum can guess!!)

...."There's not a complete phrase of music in _______ brass book".....