Finals possible scenario #3

lol Alright cool. When I marched I wasn't aware that staying in a hotel was even an option for a DCI corps, the comfortable beds and AC would seem like a huge distraction for me (I could barely get off the gym floor without wanting a few more minutes of rest, and my air mattress popped so I was literally sleeping on the gym floor :P ).

I think a just hear 1,000 people on this board say "AIR MATTRESS?? ####, you guys were spoiled!!!"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I hear right during the Quarters broadcast that the retreat tomorrow will be webcast?

Yes. Info at dci.org

it is free

Troopers, '08. I saw on DCP around the beginning of July that they had a lead trumpet hole (I think TerriTrooper or someone similarly named posted it), then met up with them in Kansas and hopped on the bus. I had pretty much no idea what to expect since it was my first and only drum corps experience since I went to basic training (National Guard Band) for my age out year.

I always wanted to march BD, but I really enjoyed my time with the Troopers, and I'm extremely thankful they gave me the opportunity to perform with them.

Troopers, '08. I saw on DCP around the beginning of July that they had a lead trumpet hole (I think TerriTrooper or someone similarly named posted it), then met up with them in Kansas and hopped on the bus. I had pretty much no idea what to expect since it was my first and only drum corps experience since I went to basic training (National Guard Band) for my age out year.

I always wanted to march BD, but I really enjoyed my time with the Troopers, and I'm extremely thankful they gave me the opportunity to perform with them.

cool beans, my director marched for them for like 8 years back in the 80s

I think a just hear 1,000 people on this board say "AIR MATTRESS?? ####, you guys were spoiled!!!"

LOL, so true!

It'll be close, but the Blue Devils will still win.

Blue Devils will increase their point margin over semi Finals. The judging panel is a good favorable draw for them ( unlike 2008 ). BD is a lock to win it tonite, imo.

Blue Devils will increase their point margin over semi Finals. The judging panel is a good favorable draw for them ( unlike 2008 ). BD is a lock to win it tonite, imo.

Quit crushing our hopes!!! I have nothing against BD, but I'm so tired of them winning. I would absolutely LOVE to see the Cavies take the gold tomorrow...err...tonight.

But in all reality, I wouldn't be at all surprised if BD did indeed win.......again.

In '61 VFW Nationals, Miami we had an entire floor of the Ivanhoe Hotel, Bal Harbor (just north of Miami Beach) with an empty oceanfront lot next to us, which became our practice field. ALL Corps had Hotel/Motel accomadations at that time thanks to our VFW Posts. (Park Ridge #3579 in our case)> Not that I don't remember sleeping in un-airconditioned buses & hard gym floors! We also had the joy of staying in peoples homes (Stillwater, Minnesota & Garfield, New Jersey come to mind) & the honor of having other Corps members stay in our homes (I had 3 Garfield Cadets in my parents home for 3 days in '62). So, what happened? Was BD evicted because of "bad behavior"? Haven't heard this story yet. May well have been another Corps, although I think that the very existence of the Concord Creeps is the Webster definition of "bad behavior" For verification watch BD reaction to PR win '08.

And to think that my beloved Cavaliers would align themselves with these punks in the "Greedy 7"..."Say it ain't so!"