Finals possible scenario #3

Quit crushing our hopes!!! I have nothing against BD, but I'm so tired of them winning. I would absolutely LOVE to see the Cavies take the gold tomorrow...err...tonight.

But in all reality, I wouldn't be at all surprised if BD did indeed win.......again.

You know, even if BD wins this year, that'll be one less time than Cavies since 2000, right?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what happened? Was BD evicted because of "bad behavior"? Haven't heard this story yet.

Another corps stayed at the school earlier in the season. They caused problems, so the school decide that they would not let another corps stay.

So, what happened? Was BD evicted because of "bad behavior"? Haven't heard this story yet. May well have been another Corps, although I think that the very existence of the Concord Creeps is the Webster definition of "bad behavior" For verification watch BD reaction to PR win '08.

Bitter much? And perhaps YOU should watch the aftermath of '08. I think it has been discussed enough here and generally agreed that it was NOT BD members behaving poorly at retreat.

I still don't understand why people cannot support their favorite corps without bashing others. You should be old enough to know that if you don't have anything nice to say...

Edited by tja273

I have a 20 dollar bet with a friend that cavies will beat Devs :lookaround:

I bet my friend a slurpee! :laughing: :laughing:

Well, he was complaining about BD winning the title again, and that Cavies would be a refreshing change. I was just pointing out how not long ago BD was the refreshing change to the Cavies' constant title years.

I'm a BD fan, so I'm quite familiar with their record-breaking success in DCI, just pointing out a flaw in logic.

tja et all, you may be spot on about my "pent up hatred" due to "misinformation". But the stories I read via DCP & the firsthand stories I hear have lead me to my current frustration. Perhaps I should rely on personal experience rather than rumors and stories from other sources. Perhaps I have been harshly overcritical of the Devils ( while ALWAYS recognizing them as 1 of the greatest Corps in history). Perhaps I should go beyond mt belief that "Samurai" '08 was the greatest show I ever saw (outside of St. Kevins '64 Dream) while acknowledging that The Cavaliers '09 "Great Divide" was an unmitigated disaster. Perhaps, at the age of 67 I should be more concerned with building bridges than burning them. But alas, I have become a "Grumpy Old Man" with no more to gain & less to lose. I apologize to all of you whom I may have offended, intentionally or not. BUT...I will never apologize for the Passion I have for Drum Corps, dating from 1949 to 2010. Logan Square SAL, Commonwealth Edison, Skokie Indians, Chicago Cavaliers, Men Of Brass, & thankfully the opportunity to march one more time with The Classic Cavaliers. Given all those years, do you doubt my ability to make assessments of shows? And while I would be first to admit my pro-Cavalier bias, I am also extremely critical of their shows (on a private Alumni site, not in public). So here I stand, a staunch supporter of not only The Cavaliers, but of Drum Corps as a whole. And ladies & gentlemen, I DO NOT like the direction it's taken! God bless you all, Past, Present, & Future MMs. And above all F Greedy 7 including my beloved Cavaliers! :lookaround:

Well, he was complaining about BD winning the title again, and that Cavies would be a refreshing change. I was just pointing out how not long ago BD was the refreshing change to the Cavies' constant title years.

I'm a BD fan, so I'm quite familiar with their record-breaking success in DCI, just pointing out a flaw in logic.

Oh. I see.

Carry on. :lookaround:

Perhaps, at the age of 67 I should be more concerned with building bridges than burning them.

One would imagine that, in this case, your greatest concern should be keeping your blood pressure down! :lookaround:

Given all those years, do you doubt my ability to make assessments of shows?

It depends. When was the last time you were tested for Alzheimer's!? :laughing:

And ladies & gentlemen, I DO NOT like the direction it's taken!

AND GET OFF MY ###### LAWN!!!! :laughing:

And yes, you're right. Derogatory terms like "scum", "jerks", etc. have NO place when talking about Ladies & Gentlemen who proudly (and rightly so) bear the name Blue Devils. I am sure that they are among the brightest, most hard working persons in Drum Corps. Personal attacks against them are WAY over the line, and for that I apologize to them & to you all. It's to their credit that they continue to maintain an undefeated record - I've been there & know the pressure it brings! What else can I say? I hope the "Mad World" smashes the "Mirrors", that there is a "Second Chance", that Geoffrey gets his "Toy Soldiers" together, that "10th Avenue" sees a real Slaughter, that The Phantom in the tunnel emerges into the Light, and that someone finally captures the "Throne". God knows that in my best years I could NEVER accomplish the level of artistry & performance that these extraordinary performers do. And with a final F U to the Greedy 7, I bid you all God Speed and Adieu.

Sincerely, John L. Opager Jr.

P.S. I still think that there are indeed some "spoiled brats" out there. And remember, it takes one to know one! LOL!

Edited by AmFlag61