Star of Indiana--how did they do?

JJ... I don't remember us "buying" the first ring.

Alden

Just repeating what I had heard. It certainly wasn't my opinion. I still have the baritone 1 part for the '89 show memorized, and have many friends who marched there ( I didn't there ).

Star was my second favorite corps.

The star performance was the highlight of my drum corps career, even from side field, and sitting in the circle listening to the opening of Belshazaar is something that I will never forget. (of course, it helps that I knew almost half of the hornline on a personal basis.

From everyone inside that circle, thank you so much star alumni for sending the class of 2010 out with an unforgettable performance.

On a night of many wonderful memories, playing for you age outs in the circle was my highlight of the evening. Sharing my favorite Star moment (Belshazzar's) and our corps song with those who had given so much to the activity and who were also closing a chapter in their drum corps lives, is beyond description right now. There was a certain kinship and connection between performer and audience that was palpable. It's so neat to me that you guys would even care to listen to us old farts so many years after we left the activity. The fact that anyone remembers or cares is touching. A week later and I still haven't taken it all in yet.

It was a special moment for me. Thank you Star! 1 of 2 I took. Apparently, digital cameras need batteries...I miss my 35 mm

2010-08-13.jpg

The other photo has 109 horns, 18 drum line, 13 pit and about 14 guard. Kudos to Star of Indianapolis!

edit: and drum majors whom were awesome, imo :-)

Edited by lindap

Apparently, digital cameras need batteries...

Not only that, but when one uses rechargeable batters, one must remember to actually recharge them before a drum corps contest. And it helps to recharge the backup set, as well. *sigh* Someday I will remember!

Anyway, nice photo, Linda! Wow, you were way up there!

Anyway, nice photo, Linda! Wow, you were way up there!

Thanks. The photo is my gift to Star Alumni. As a short note, I'm a towering 5'2" and rarely stand to take a photo out of respect for the people behind me. We so enjoyed watching the corps Friday and Saturday evenings that I forgot I had acrophobia! I'm vertically challenged in more ways than one ;-)

• 1 month later...
It was a special moment for me. Thank you Star! 1 of 2 I took. Apparently, digital cameras need batteries...I miss my 35 mm

2010-08-13.jpg

The other photo has 109 horns, 18 drum line, 13 pit and about 14 guard. Kudos to Star of Indianapolis!

edit: and drum majors whom were awesome, imo :-)

36 guard members. Well actually 36 1/2 if you count Kendra. :thumbup: