Star of Indiana--how did they do?

there is a rather good alumni corps who just happens to hail from Bayonne, NJ....they do a full field show and I bet would be very well received at DCI Semifinals.....I'm just sayin' :lookaround::laughing:

However, since SOI was during the period when I dropped out of watching corps and disappeared before I came back, can someone please tell me what the significance of the pink shirts was? My first thought was "Oh my!" and not in a good way. I'm assuming it had something to do with past shows?

Their first uniforms were pink.

Interesting you make that comparison. Star was ridiculed for their show back then, even booed. Now they're held in deep respect (as they should have, back then).....sound familiar?

It just takes time to appreciate Game Changers.

Fair point -

was it only 93 Star that was boo'ed, or would you say the 90, 91, 92 shows were boo'd too?

I would say the 93 show began the musical change that has lead to where we are today --

Great point! Star should have put their children on the field and march the drill, while the Star Alumni played. :laughing:

They do ... Crown, Blue Stars, Madison. Ohhhhh stop, I'm mostly kiddin' :lookaround:

I think they started to have real issues in 91 after they won and the Dinos became vocal in opposition of Stars notion of a new way to look at drum corps. IMO it isn't the notion that really matters....it's DCI rewarding it. THAT was beyond the patience of the general DC population and the tried and true vets specifically. But Stars show in 93' was so completely off the charts, and that coupled with their surprise departure (leaving the DC stage as quickly as they came) left all puzzled and with mixed emotions. Last night they came full circle.

Fair point -

was it only 93 Star that was boo'ed, or would you say the 90, 91, 92 shows were boo'd too?

I would say the 93 show began the musical change that has lead to where we are today --

I'm happy to read that many people really enjoyed what they did! :lookaround: I'm quite certain it was exciting and thrilling for each of them to be out there performing again in that venue, and it will be fun to read their personal feelings about it all when they get back and start to post here and there.

Today probably seems like a dream to the Star alums and performers... I envy them today! :laughing:

What a treat last night for Star alumni to return. Lots of happy Star memories. Gosh, that corps was super stellar and contributed so much to drum corps. Loved them. They were incredible. They played music from all of their greatest shows. Lots of tears and goosebumps!

Fred

It was awesome to hear some of that music again. Star '90-'93 are shows I could listen to forever. What a difference 17 years makes - I was there to hear the boos in 1993 and it was great to see the crowd (including the age-outs) absolutely go nuts for Medea last night. I loved it - I wish they had played twice as much.

I was watching on the FN and was thankful I had it on my big screen TV, because the split screen thing they did would've been tiny on a normal PC monitor.

Ya....it was nice to hear, but Madison and The CAC win, IMO.