OPEN CLASS FINALS 2010

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 years ago to the day, DCI held the first ever Class A(OC today) All Girl Finals. 5 Corps from each Div. made Finals.

All girl Finals-

St.Igatius- 69.650

Capitol Aires- 66.150

Fire-etters- 62.050

Ventures- 53.700

Socialites- 44.70

Class A Finals-

Cadets of Greece- 71.350

Charioteers- 68.600

Floridians- 64.75

Marksmen- 63.350

Glassmen- 63.050

Thank you to all current OC Corps members for carrying on this Great Div's Rich and Proud History and Traditions.

I am not an Alum from any Current Corps in the OC Div. I am however, an Alum of the OC Div. and the Glassmen

A Shout Out to the Dutch Boys. I have not forgotten about you all. Nothing can change the fact that I have Loved this Corps the first time I seen and competed against them in 74.

By the way, there were more Class A corps who competed at the US OPEN then at DCI in 75.

Will there be anyone at Finals today to give us play by play?

Dean

Edited by IntheMood

I am also a Glassmen alum, so it's appropriate that we celebrate the anniversary of the birth of what is now Open Class by looking back at a corps that had their roots in Class A and one of the first to successfully make the jump to World Class.

I should also note that I am in the stands and ready to give you the Live From the Stands coverage you crave!

Here's my view:

10%209:46:49%20AM.jpg

First on the field are the Velvet Knights from Pasadena, California. Their 2010 program is entitled "Magical Mystery Tour" and consists of:

England - Magical Mystery Tour by Lennon, John; McCartney, Paul

The Caribbean / Latin America - The Dance from Romancing the Stone by Silvestri, Alan

The Caribbean / Latin America - They Kiss / End Titles from Romancing the Stone by Silvestri, Alan

India - Jai Ho "Victory to You" from Slumdog Millionaire by Rahman, A R

France - La Vie En Rose by Mack, David; Giovanna, Gassion; Guglielelmo, Giglielmi

France - Overture to Orpheus in the Underworld by Offenbach, Jacques

And the fun has already started. Guard is wearing orange safety vests as they directed the corps on the field like an airplane. Pit is playing "I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane" (one handed, no less).

Love the trumpet player running around lost with a map in hand during the opening Magical Mystery Tour fanfare.

We're in the Carribean now. Guard carrying platters with drinks. Trumpet soloist keeps macking on the mello soloist, getting in front of her and keeping her from playing.

Drum line is super good. Tubas are really letting me hear them. Love that kind of energy from the bottom.