The Official DCI Finals Lounge

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that they've "maddened" Smile, I like it much more, and this is a song I despise.

Riiiggghht, he's just been riding that coat tail for...hmm let's do the math....oh for 28 years!!!

Really? I'm not trying to diminish the brilliance of Cesario or Zingali....I had the privilege of seeing them both in action.....but you can't see that George Hopkins had any part of the last 28 years? It was all just a "gold mine" that he "just let happen?"

In addition to whether it's realistic for someone to just go with it for 28 years, I don't think that Hopkins is capable of letting anything "just happen." For good or ill....he tends to have his hands in what's going on.

Not saying that I've agreed with everything he's done....but to say he hasn't done anything.....can't see that at all!

Can i second your sentiment Curious?

From Twitter : hostrauser

"Bluecoats staff got a chewing out from DCI on field official. Were they just caught using a sound check person up in the stands? Penalty? "

Anyone know anything about this?

That's perfectly legal. DCI even supplies an official seat for corps sound engineers up at the 400 level. I should know, I was there Thursday for Teal's performance on the phone with the engineer at the sound board.

The only drill move they couldn't keep completely clean is the contracting/expanding circles during the pit break in Smile. It's the hardest move of the show, but also the most exposed.

There are a couple of quotes, and that's one of them.

Wish they would have done "Why did the chicken cross the road ..."

I was hoping for "Me love you long time." :thumbup:

Wes, you are a class act. I have always had the utmost respect for you. I am proud to say you marched with my son and have continued your passion for DCI and teach kids music as well.

Thank you for taking the time for a prayer, my heart is broken for this person and their corps.

Tricia

Thanks for the kind words, though I have just been blessed to march with Craig and my BK mates and teach what I love.

I am heart broken too and hope that Ryan, if that is the member's name heals his leg and his heart which I am sure is broken as well. I hope he has another year to march and will get the chance to be on that field again next season!

Wes P

Ignorant post.

You may not LIKE my post, but since it was 100% FACTUAL, find a more appropriate word, Jonathon. OK? "Ignorant" has no place among facts. Everything I reported was a FACT. Even the slam on Hopkins' "ability" to teach drums. On the Cadets' Threepeat DVD interview, Hopkins casually mentions that he didn't exactly leave much talent for Hannum in 1983/4.