The Official DCI Finals Lounge

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fans do not like BD's show. When that happens, booing happens. Remember though, the booing is directed at the highbrow self serving intellectual knuckleheads who designed this show, not the kids.

BD has always been my favorite corps over the years. I did not care much for this years show. I would never boo them for winning. The production just felt a little too abstract for me. I'm more of an agressive Winged Victory type of fan.

3) 96.4 Bluecoats

Typical. I would have loved to see bluecaots win.

Don't worry....'Coats are in VERY good company right now...SCV, BD, Cadets, and Star ALL took 3rd the year before their first win.

BD's gonna be tough as always, and Cavies seem to have made a return surge (although with Bruno going away that might change), plus you can never count Cadets out...but historically.....

I'm a Crown honk, but I can't believe that FN award didn't go to the Scouts.

Me too. That was the surprise of the evening.

As a FMM of BD from the 70's - support staff from the 80's - I'm very proud of the kids - and very proud of what the staff created - I loved it, the show was emotional, passionate, an incredible vehicle for pure expression, pure emotion and drive - everything we have drum corps for - sheer B's to the wall excitement. Every detail accounted for, every movement justified, difficult, flawless, a real work of art.

Can't wait to see what they come up with next year and what effect this has on design for the activity.

In fact, I can't say there was a boring or badly conceived show in the bunch this year. Quite a lot of diversity and spice - nasty to nice and back.

Yeah - too bad we may not be able to afford to keep it all going, but man, what a ride.

Way to go Blue Crew!!

regards - Jim

Amen to that. Booing is never appropriate. Ever. End of discussion. You can justify it however you want by saying you're booing the design staff, but I still think you're a classless hack if you do it.

I was right there with you 100%, until...

Stay classy midwest fans. :thumbup:

...the insinuation that somehow only those of us from the midwest can be classless. I've seen tremendous displays of disrespect in every region, and somehow I doubt that the folks in Indy are all "midwest fans."

However, I won't boo you for it. :ph34r:

Me too. That was the surprise of the evening.

I was SO READY for Madison to take that.

I'm sure they were a very close second.

I agree 100%, a boo is a boo and for the fans to walk out the way they did, wow...WTG everyone in drum corps. Hurry home, Craig, we miss you!

You are all trying to create DRAMA. Once people knew who won they wamt to go home.