The Official DCI Finals Lounge

Do any other corps wear their medals from previous years of winning, or rings outside of their gloves?

I noticed that last night. Typical.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - hard to understand all the angst about the Blue Devils show. When I saw it in the theater at Quarterfinals, I thought it was intense, awesome, extremely interesting, and very well done. Loved the guard uniforms, the music, the field coverage, the intensity of it. Can't speak to tonights performance or to a live viewing, but from what I saw, I thought they earned and deserved their scores. Congratulations to the Blue Devils for a very entertaining and outstanding performance.

You are all trying to create DRAMA. Once people knew who won they wamt to go home.

Well then, call me a "Drama Queen" that's my opinion, been to years of finals and booing and exiting the way this was done was classless. I hope all those people wamt to sit in a big traffic jam cussing about the "Judge's Choice" of giving BD first place. As for me, I will stand by my convictions, that was just wrong!

For those surprised about the fan favorite thing....

Crown has a very active online presence on Facebook. Just under 25K people see daily updates and pictures on their news feed.

Madison Scouts have next to nothing going online that I can find.

That makes a huge difference in fan driven voting. You have a built in 25k people to get the news out to and then they post it and it gets out to thousands more. I've been following a lot of corps this summer via Facebook and not many do as good a job as Crown.

..never mind....

Edited by Lancerlady

Well then, call me a "Drama Queen" that's my opinion, been to years of finals and booing and exiting the way this was done was classless. I hope all those people wamt to sit in a big traffic jam cussing about the "Judge's Choice" of giving BD first place. As for me, I will stand by my convictions, that was just wrong!

So you gripe and complain to people HERE regarding how people in the stadium acted ?

OH the IRONY, Mr Pot, meet Mr Kettle

I think it's remarkable to think that they were .025 away from a FOUR-peat. 07, (08) 09, 10... Incredible things going on in that organization. Their staff knows how to win.

And the B corps was one win away from a double-undefeated season themselves (Nice job by SCVC to get BDB at their final meeting). 2 full-sized corps...6 competitive programs, 5 championships, 3 undefeated seasons....unreal.

Entertaining on the other hand... I'm sure there's 50 threads here attacking BD for what they do,

FIFTY???? Methinks you need to recount...but you'd need a supercomputer to count the number of anti-BD threads.... :thumbup:

Congrats BD!

Does it matter how it appeared? It was wrong to boo. Every corp out there worked to give their best performance tonight. If people don't like the show, then send an email to the powers that be to express your concerns about design and music choices because the performers do not control that aspect of their corps. I personally loved Crown and Blue Devil's Show, Blue Knight's and the Academy's Music, but scoring is based on what the expectation the captions of the sheet and we may not agree with results, but booing the kids. That just shows some were not taught basic performance etiquette, exhibiting a real lack of class.

Congratulations to all the corps, Open and World!! Thank you for making this a very interesting and enjoyable season. I look forward to seeing and hearing what you have next year!

Why are you coming down on me? I just said what I saw watching the fan network, it did NOT appear to phase them, they were relishing in their win.