THe OFFICIAL "Congratuations to Blue Devils" Thread

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else they ALREADY have a "Join the 2011 Blue Devils" link up on their front page? :smile:

Congrats BD!

Edited by saxfreq1128

I think that their average age this year was 19.9, so they probably had quite a few age-outs. A very technical show that was also well executed. Can't say they didn't deserve it.

If you watch the video on dci.org, they interview a blue devil member who marched 07-10 and asked him what his favorite year was. He said 2008. That just says it all, doesn't it? The year they lost by .025 was his favorite.

Congrats BD! Quite an accomplishment and its about time you had 2 undefeated seasons.

I won two championships with two different corps. And my favorite years from both organizations were not years we won.

Congratulations to the A and B corps. The talent of the staff and especially the members is nothing short of amazing. Number 14 is ours and we all know what is next.

15!

Congrats! Absolutely amazing show and impeccable performance!

Reposting here too:

Wow - hard to understand all the angst about the Blue Devils show. When I saw it in the theater at Quarterfinals, I thought it was intense, awesome, extremely interesting, and very well done. Loved the guard uniforms, the music, the field coverage, the intensity of it. Can't speak to tonights performance or to a live viewing, but from what I saw, I thought they earned and deserved their scores. Congratulations to the Blue Devils for a very entertaining and outstanding performance.

Awesome show and awesome performance. Congratulations to the corps and all who helped them get there!!!

Wow BD what a stir you guys created all season long. But that is not uncommon with any corps at the top. Get to the top and ALL the critics speak to try to convince everyone else why you don't belong there. Congratulations for staying focused on performance and excellence. You ARE the best this year. Some people get on a sports team for piling on and say that's not fair to do that. I say that is BS. It is the responsibility for the opposing team to stop the piling on by getting better and beating them. BD has set the bar high, now others need to meet and exceed it. It is up to them to find a way to win as much as it is up to you to find a way to win again. Best of luck next year.