THe OFFICIAL "Congratuations to Blue Devils" Thread

Seems to me that EVEN though a congratulatory thread for BD exists, it's post total at this point is surprisingly thin. I bet if Cavies or Bluecoats won this thread would be on page 20 by now.....

Closer to 50, as I would have Celebrated a Cavaliers Victory with at least 30 "I told you so!" Posts.

BTW, 'Grats to BD.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are probably the best corps I have ever seen, even better than last year. I was blown away at the level of execution, even from the beginning of the first show in June...I had a feeling you guys would exceed beyond our expectations (and the judges).

Congratulations to Blue Devils on #14!

Congrats BD and BDB and the whole Blue Devils organization!!

BDA Corps, thank you so much for our performance! Truly one of the most magnificent designs of all time and rediculous execution!

Strength in all sections, power, emotion and phenomenal commitment to detail. This was the best field of drum corps I have seen in years which makes your accomplishment

that much more fantastic. To come out on top vs the Cavaliers and Bluecoats is no small task as there were several worthy champions this year.

Thank you for challenging us and for being more daring than anyone and going further out on that limb than anyone else is willing to go.

Its going to be tough waiting to hear what you guys do next.

Thanks so much! Cant wait for the DVDs!

Tony

Congrats to all of you. I may have been pretty critical of you, but I have huge amounts of respect for who you are and what you did. I'm looking forward to next year, and seeing what everyone puts out to try and match them. And I did enjoy how respectful everyone was this year on the field, no shenanigans during the mass brass and the encore. Very good to see. Again, congrats to BD for number 14! Glad to have the trophy in California.

Congratulations to all of my Blue Devil family... But specifically:

Congratulations to my very good friend Doug Peterson who was in the Blue Devils with me, this is where he met his wife Deb... From Doug and Debs union came Kyle who as a local kid struggled through many seasons in BDB trying to walk in his parents footsteps... Last night Kyle was able to complete his mission and win a World Class Title just like his parents did back in the early 80's!

I am proud to know all three of you and am in awe of your hard work and determination! :thumbup:

I saw Blue Devils only once this season and found their show fascinating.

Is their program a direction I would like to see more corps follow? Quite frankly, no. And I really hope BD "reaches out" more to the general public with future shows. (They're not the only corps I hope does this.)

I think Michael Cesario once used the phrase "aquarium drum corps" or something to that effect in describing 1993 Star of Indiana's show.... likening that show to a beautiful display of fish in an aquarium on one side of the glass...... and the awed spectators on the other.... but really not much connection between the two.

I got that same feeling with BD's show this year. Great, great stuff going on..... but it would be nice if they had let more of us in, to really go along for the ride.

However, what BD did with their concept this year...... using the mirrors to create some unbelievable, surreal, mesmerizing effects, combined with exceptional overall design and ultra-precision performance.... it's tough to beat. So congrats to them for their victory.

For me and its just my opinion.........Devils redefined drum corps this year and its all good. Now this is coming from someone who NEVER carEd for BD..I dont care how many times they won.

They shattered the mold in visual as well as musically. Took a tired old concept or arrangements and put them together in a way that was so cool.....gimpses of the past yet moving on to the future. " Brilliant" IMO and it kills me to say it....lol

Breaking molds ...taking new steps..infusing old with new...hmmmmmm maybe they are more traditional than most think. SOUNDS LIKE DRUM CORPS TO ME! :thumbup: IMO