THe OFFICIAL "Congratuations to Blue Devils" Thread

Congratulations to all of my Blue Devil family... But specifically:

Congratulations to my very good friend Doug Peterson who was in the Blue Devils with me, this is where he met his wife Deb... From Doug and Debs union came Kyle who as a local kid struggled through many seasons in BDB trying to walk in his parents footsteps... Last night Kyle was able to complete his mission and win a World Class Title just like his parents did back in the early 80's!

I am proud to know all three of you and am in awe of your hard work and determination! :thumbup:

If that's not a cool story then I don't know what is. OK, I'll admit it. It gives me that warm fuzzy feeling. :thumbup:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for raising the bar - and congrats for being rewarded for your efforts.

How long does it take for the alumni to yell......"1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2009, 2010 !!!!!"

The Maine BD FAN

Closer to 50, as I would have Celebrated a Cavaliers Victory with at least 30 "I told you so!" Posts.

BTW, 'Grats to BD.

Yes, congratulations to the Blue Devils " A " and "B " Corps for their undefeated 2010 season.

Thanks for raising the bar - and congrats for being rewarded for your efforts.

How long does it take for the alumni to yell......"1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2009, 2010 !!!!!"

The Maine BD FAN

ahem - the OTHER Maine BD fan .... :thumbup:

"I may not like the last minute of your show"

"Members were more respectful this year than in the past. Hope it continues in the future. "

Looks like there are some that can't help taking a stab at BD even while congratulating them!

Well here's the thing...

back in 07, full retreat at finals, once the Cadets were announced as 2nd place, BD went crazy (that's fine), but then they started yelling things over the line that were taunting, rude and disrespectful. ever since then, i have had a hard time respecting the organization and the members. i appreciate what they are doing artistically and you can't deny their success, but it will take me a while to get over that...

that being said... the few times that I got to interact with BD members this year, they were very kind, humble, respectful. at the time I was surprised, but now i feel like maybe i can have a change of heart.

i assure you, this has nothing to do with being bitter about 2nd place in 2007... who cares? but those words barked by the blue team will long be remembered

Congratulations Blue Devils! Visually, my favorite BD show ever. Musically, it grew to be one of my favorite by end of the season. I got to see all of the world class corps at the two-night San Antonio show. I think the quality of each corps, along with their show designs, were both top-notch and diverse. Great season and a great champion!

my top all-time BD shows:

1. 1986

2. 1982

3. 2010

4. 1994

5. 1997

6. 2009

7. 2003

8. 1984

9. 2001

10. 2009

To me, this was a "Blue" year. Two other standouts:

Bluecoats -- an amazing show that was strong across all captions. Congratulations on your all-time high placement!

Blue Knights -- Saw them at Stanford, and gave them a standing ovation after Nimrod. Great show!

and of course -- Blue Devils B. What an outstanding show, and what an outstanding organization!

I think that their average age this year was 19.9, so they probably had quite a few age-outs. A very technical show that was also well executed. Can't say they didn't deserve it.

The hornline had about 15 ageouts.